Mythruna
April 16, 2024, 01:58:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous vs wbc  (Read 22045 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »

Yes, in fact, the statement I make is all about turning their anti-Christian rhetoric back onto them.

And to clarify, I mean "anti-Christian" in the sense that their acts and messages are so wholly non-Christian as to cast the entire Church in a bad light.  "Non-Christian" didn't seem strong enough a damnation on its own.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »

Paul used a secondary swear (._., )

Link to the definition of Damnation
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »

Im just excited that humanity is fighting back against the apathetic nature the world was turning to
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 04:51:21 AM »

Yes, in fact, the statement I make is all about turning their anti-Christian rhetoric back onto them.
and thats what made it extra funny!

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
scorch

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 06:59:18 AM »

I can't really express how shocked I am with this "church" guys! I must admit I didn't even knew them before, I'm not even American. However, I completly agree with the Anonymous action. I mean, some people may think that even if their "cause" (this one) is fair, the means weren't the best. However, when even the courts seem to be in favor of this guys, there's nothing else much to do.

Let's take this example: Why people can't walk naked on the streets? (the example might seem a little out-of-context, but still, the point is the same)
Because most people, perhaps the great majority would be offended with that, and as such we have to respect the others. Even if the law allows us to do not respect them, our principles should force us to. Now think, if you just lost a beloved one in the war, you're f****** sad, it's a really bad moment in your life, and when you're at his funeral, you see people around saying that the person you loved, the person you lost, was killed because God wanted so? Doesn't matter if you believe in God or not, it's like punching you in the face. Against people like these, I must say: thanks Anonymous.

It's kind of sad to see that even after so many years, that even if we consider ourselves civilized, advanced, intelligent, this speech, written and said by a comedian (Charlie Chaplin) still says all the truth about our world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsgaFKwUA6g
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »

Well, sounds like wbc is starting a picket at one of the funerals today....so anonymous set up a website for everyone

http://www.OpWestboro.com/

I also heard that there will be a live streaming of the anti protest...(anonymous has many members stationed around the funeral to block the WBC from being viewed by the mourners) and in a tweet i had to laugh...."@YourAnonNews#YAN dont forget, cops are friendly to anons today, download police scanner app, and dont photo or film family or funeral, just the protest"
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »

And to clarify, I mean "anti-Christian" in the sense that their acts and messages are so wholly non-Christian as to cast the entire Church in a bad light.  "Non-Christian" didn't seem strong enough a damnation on its own.
I'm glad that you guys, at least, can tell that much. Gives me a bit of hope for America.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 02:17:36 PM »

Scorch is back!!! Welcome back!!!
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »

I can't really express how shocked I am with this "church" guys! I must admit I didn't even knew them before, I'm not even American. However, I completly agree with the Anonymous action. I mean, some people may think that even if their "cause" (this one) is fair, the means weren't the best. However, when even the courts seem to be in favor of this guys, there's nothing else much to do.

Let's take this example: Why people can't walk naked on the streets? (the example might seem a little out-of-context, but still, the point is the same)
Because most people, perhaps the great majority would be offended with that, and as such we have to respect the others. Even if the law allows us to do not respect them, our principles should force us to. Now think, if you just lost a beloved one in the war, you're f****** sad, it's a really bad moment in your life, and when you're at his funeral, you see people around saying that the person you loved, the person you lost, was killed because God wanted so? Doesn't matter if you believe in God or not, it's like punching you in the face. Against people like these, I must say: thanks Anonymous.

It's kind of sad to see that even after so many years, that even if we consider ourselves civilized, advanced, intelligent, this speech, written and said by a comedian (Charlie Chaplin) still says all the truth about our world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsgaFKwUA6g
+1
scorch

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 03:51:02 PM »

lol Thanks. Cheesy
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »

i showed this news with alot of people. they were all very happy that they were getting some payback  Smiley

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 07:00:32 PM »

lol Thanks. Cheesy
How do i know that name? I looked at old posts of course! What kept you gone so long? up to the 20120627 version?
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »

http://www.mommyish.com/2012/12/20/sandy-hook-the-westboro-baptist-church-and-anonymous/

thought this was an amazing article that someone wrote.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 11:58:01 AM »

Paul used a secondary swear (._., )

Link to the definition of Damnation
That word isn't necessarily as terrible as other swears. But It's not nice if you don't like swears.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
scorch

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »

Thanks for sharing, completly love the article. The whole article is amazing, but just the last paragraph says it all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: