Mythruna
April 23, 2024, 12:30:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New menu system video...  (Read 10913 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:08:57 AM »

I was able to get animation working and added some basic ambient sounds and page movement effects... so I shot a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hxe2iLEEWE&feature=youtu.be

I'm kind of refactoring most of the front end and base subsystems as I go... so it will be a while yet before the game launches this way.

Next will be to hook up the world directory (yeah, more than one world at a time soon) and the server list and connection screens and stuff.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:52:22 AM »

This looks great, thanks for the insight.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 10:26:45 AM »

Looks good

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »

when you say more than one world at a time, would you also put in random new worlds on normal offline single player?

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 03:57:22 PM »

Hoho! Looks very nice. I didn't expect it to turn out how it did. It'd be funny to see the camera move towards the candle and blow it out when you click on something like singleplayer or multiplayer. (Everything turns black when it goes out and goes into a loading screen.)

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 08:58:27 PM »

when you say more than one world at a time, would you also put in random new worlds on normal offline single player?

Yeah, that's the idea.  You create a world then create a character (or even additional characters) for that world and play it.  Create a different world with a different seed and start a new character there to play a different world.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »

Hoho! Looks very nice. I didn't expect it to turn out how it did. It'd be funny to see the camera move towards the candle and blow it out when you click on something like singleplayer or multiplayer. (Everything turns black when it goes out and goes into a loading screen.)

Heheh... maybe.  I'd have to draw a candle for that. Smiley

I already have something in mind for the "to game" transition.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 09:46:11 PM »

saw the vid BEFORE you posted this topic Wink or before i read this topic...
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »

Nice.(NotAOneWordPost)
ap0r

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 10:59:34 PM »

Cool vid!
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »

OMG OMG OMGGGG!!! I just got a HUGE idea! What if, later on when you get AI pretty awesome, you add a little checkbox next to your character, that if you check it, that character will move around and mine ETC on it's own (Kind of like a Player, rather than an NPC) whenever you play a different character!

So, the idea is I make a character and check him, I play around a little in the world... I then go and make another character and bump into the other one! He could attack or befriend my current character depending on past actions I had made with that character, defining his character, or possibly how he was set up when I first made him. SO, I could have a character for everyone in my family, and PRETTY MUCH play with each of them even if it's not a server! :3... Then when they get in with their character, they go "Oh.... I died.... UGG.. I THOUGHT I TAUGHT MY CHARACTER NOT TO DIG STRAIGHT DOWN!"

Anyway, neat video! I know it's pretty old, but meh, it's new to me :3
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »

OMG OMG OMGGGG!!! I just got a HUGE idea! What if, later on when you get AI pretty awesome, you add a little checkbox next to your character, that if you check it, that character will move around and mine ETC on it's own (Kind of like a Player, rather than an NPC) whenever you play a different character!

So, the idea is I make a character and check him, I play around a little in the world... I then go and make another character and bump into the other one! He could attack or befriend my current character depending on past actions I had made with that character, defining his character, or possibly how he was set up when I first made him. SO, I could have a character for everyone in my family, and PRETTY MUCH play with each of them even if it's not a server! :3... Then when they get in with their character, they go "Oh.... I died.... UGG.. I THOUGHT I TAUGHT MY CHARACTER NOT TO DIG STRAIGHT DOWN!"

I toy with this idea from time to time.  It may never really be feasible.  I liked in rogue/nethack where there were some levels where you could meet the ghosts of your other dead characters... was kind of cool for a game with perma-death.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »

Oh yeah, like that um... ZombiU game. :3
I toy with this idea from time to time.  It may never really be feasible.  I liked in rogue/nethack where there were some levels where you could meet the ghosts of your other dead characters... was kind of cool for a game with perma-death.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 06:00:40 PM »

I have trouble figuring out why quoting is so hard to get right. Wink
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »

I have trouble figuring out why quoting is so hard to get right. Wink
Oops XD... I did not see that error. LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: