Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 07:35:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: A little more UI work...  (Read 28411 times)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 05:04:08 AM »

I uploaded another video showing some more of the UI that I got fleshed out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVkUUniW9SY

I didn't think I was going to get this part of the interface working during this round of changes but I was inspired the other night and it went in pretty smoothly.
as soon as that new build is out, im going to force my dad to watch me make some new worlds Smiley he has doubts about any new game, but he will like this one. guarenteed.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:30 AM »

I didn't think I was going to get this part of the interface working during this round of changes but I was inspired the other night and it went in pretty smoothly.
The graphical detail is amazing. I got excited just by watching it. Any estimate whether this will be done? Also, thank goodness the WiiU has youtube supported in its internet browser.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 06:13:40 PM »

It looks awesome!

Two things:

It has a little sound skip on all but one of the runs. Is that just from the video recording?

The color/font on the menu buttons is a little uninspiring. Purple and light blue just... Eh... Maybe more of a black ink that lights up to a fiery gold (think the ring in LoTR) I don't know if you were planning that further on, but it's something that's bothered me. Tongue
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »

It looks awesome!

Two things:

It has a little sound skip on all but one of the runs. Is that just from the video recording?

The color/font on the menu buttons is a little uninspiring. Purple and light blue just... Eh... Maybe more of a black ink that lights up to a fiery gold (think the ring in LoTR) I don't know if you were planning that further on, but it's something that's bothered me. Tongue

Lol.  I can't win.  When I first showed you guys the menus people complained that they didn't look faded enough. Wink

I think they're fine.  There's only so much I can do with faded text. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »

I don't ever see the post about the video until after i watch the video xD
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »

I like the purple and blue colors. It makes the paper look enchanted.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 09:13:39 PM »

I like the purple and blue colors. It makes the paper look enchanted.

Thanks.  As a former graphic designer wanna-be, I try to keep the colors consistent to purpose.  So by color you can easily distinguish regular information text from clickable text, etc..  And there are only so many options when trying to display a lot of information.

And yeah, I though the contrast of those colors with the aged yellows/oranges/browns gave it kind of an enchanted look.  Regular text in books, etc. will be drab and boring but clickable things will pop a little.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 08:08:48 AM »

Once this comes out, I'm trying the seed at 0:54. Actually, I can try it now can't I?

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 08:48:27 AM »

Once this comes out, I'm trying the seed at 0:54. Actually, I can try it now can't I?
A colon ':' isn't a numeric value Undecided
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »

A colon ':' isn't a numeric value Undecided
Look at the video at the time 0:54, Unn. I was pointing out that the big island looked cool.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 09:34:13 AM »

oh, I thought you meant for that to be in a seed Tongue I just woke up.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 09:50:24 AM »

Yep, if you copy it down you can run it in a server game to generate that world... then copy that server's mythruna.db over to use in single player.  I think there are instructions elsewhere.

You can also modify the world.info file directly and then delete all of the node sub-directories... but the server approach is easier, I think.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 07:28:02 PM »

Yep, if you copy it down you can run it in a server game to generate that world... then copy that server's mythruna.db over to use in single player.  I think there are instructions elsewhere.

You can also modify the world.info file directly and then delete all of the node sub-directories... but the server approach is easier, I think.
Don't worry, I can dive into trouble and solve it myself. I'll take the hard faster way. (Without asking questions)

Edit: That was easier than I thought. It was like 1-2-3. Without the 3.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:31:29 PM by Moonkey » Logged

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »

AWESOME! You mean that area is 'heaven' or someplace that you 'start in', and then you 'fall out of the sky' and land in your world? (A: Ruins your surprise. or B: Conflicts with your ideas. OR C: Nothing to do with it.)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 03:25:19 PM »

AWESOME! You mean that area is 'heaven' or someplace that you 'start in', and then you 'fall out of the sky' and land in your world? (A: Ruins your surprise. or B: Conflicts with your ideas. OR C: Nothing to do with it.)

http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=330.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: