Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 03:12:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: World selection...  (Read 12183 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2013, 03:28:34 PM »

Playing with the primitives for the world selection screen:

Obviously it's not located in the right place yet.  I was just trying to see how quickly I could make a book that I can manipulate.

Eventually, selecting one of these books will open it up for character selection and/or creation.  Each character becomes a section in the book.

For now, I just needed a way of selecting an already created world and wanted to take a little break from coding. Smiley
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »

that seems well thought out haha once again it looks good paul [: keep working hard

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:21:03 PM »

Hahaha! Cool! Do the books have a curve at the base? Or is it just one big rectangle.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 07:05:01 PM »

Hahaha! Cool! Do the books have a curve at the base? Or is it just one big rectangle.

It's more than one rectangle and then some clever bump mapping.  ...and yet again I avoid learning blender this weekend. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 10:04:42 PM »

It's more than one rectangle and then some clever bump mapping.  ...and yet again I avoid learning blender this weekend. Smiley
Simply you mean you used polygons instead, correct?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 11:09:08 PM »

Another pic of what a selector with 20 worlds might look like:
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »

Thats soooo cool  Grin it really seems like the games coming along well seeing all these photos, even tho its not progress on the game making the menus look flash like this just make the whole game seem more complete [:

1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 11:41:51 PM »

Thats soooo cool  Grin it really seems like the games coming along well seeing all these photos, even tho its not progress on the game making the menus look flash like this just make the whole game seem more complete [:

Thanks.  I agree.  Plus it ups the expectations a little so I will have to dance a little harder. Smiley  (In the "dance monkey, dance!" sense.)

These are nice breaks from the designing and coding.  Revisiting things from the ground up is both frustrating and rewarding but hopefully I end up with something much closer to "done" when I'm finished.  But it is tedious and it's nice to have these little breaks.

There is another interesting aspect... to properly animate one of these books I will need a nice deformable mesh system... which not coincidentally is exactly what I'd need for things like bows and other flexible objects.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 11:47:49 PM »

ahh so in doing the books you will also do some more ingame systems

1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 01:16:43 AM »

ahh so in doing the books you will also do some more ingame systems

I will have things more ready for doing in game systems.  There's a lot to crafting and modeling a bow... but a critical part of that was going to be having morphable shapes.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 01:22:39 AM »

Another fun pic since I can unhook the camera from its menu-rails.  (I may make that a special easter-egg key combination.)

The little purple floating things are the markers I use to see where my "candle lights" are.  I will remove them after development is done.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 05:07:15 AM »

Another fun pic since I can unhook the camera from its menu-rails.  (I may make that a special easter-egg key combination.)
easter eggs are always awesome.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »

Are you planning to substitute the blackness on the edge of the menu/table with something else? Like a semi-blurred wood floor?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »

Are you planning to substitute the blackness on the edge of the menu/table with something else? Like a semi-blurred wood floor?

You will have to wait and see. Smiley

The lighting is extremely low in this library so you won't be able to see much regardless... but I have ideas and concept art already percolating.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »

You will have to wait and see. Smiley

The lighting is extremely low in this library so you won't be able to see much regardless... but I have ideas and concept art already percolating.
The point is to keep things mysterious.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: