Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 03:22:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I act more mature?
Yes, act more mature, please! - 3 (75%)
Nah, you are fine the way you are Smiley - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of me?  (Read 9577 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »

Just want to know what you guys think so I know how to act on the forums.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »

I think you are a bit self-conscious.  Wink

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 05:20:33 AM »

I think you are a bit self-conscious.  Wink
what he said^

Don't care what others think! just be nice and be yourself and you can't go wrong. (usually)

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:08:25 AM »

be nice to yourself* and be yourself

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 08:44:25 AM »

Something someone told me a long time ago that still sticks with me and may help you with your self image in the future is"Nobody knows how ignorant you are until you tell them"

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 09:34:46 AM »

Something someone told me a long time ago that still sticks with me and may help you with your self image in the future is"Nobody knows how ignorant you are until you tell them"

^^^

"Tis better to be thought the fool and remain silent, than speak and remove all doubt."  And variations... attributed to nearly everyone famous at one time or another.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »

Not directly related to the quality of this post but as general advice, I tried to find some of the articles I've read on whether or not something is worth posting.  There have been some nice articles with some succinct guidelines but I can't find any of them now. Smiley

I found one about Facebook status updates but the general rules seemed like good ones... and I may add one or two of my own.

General guidelines for being a mature poster on the forums.  Ask yourself these questions before posting:
1) Is it coherent?
2) Have I done my research?
3) Will anyone care about it?
4) And more specifically, is it relevant to the discussion?

If you answer "no" or "maybe" to any of those questions then instead of posting it, send the message to yourself as an e-mail.  We are attached to our thoughts and ideas.  It can be hard to part with them.  This way that "gold" won't be lost.  If you read it later and change your mind on any of the above questions then you can reconsider posting it.

The act of typing something up and then not sending it is a valuable tool that can carry with you through life.  There have been many coworkers throughout my career that I _never_ send my first e-mail to.  I always typed up a second one and deleted the first one.  There have been one or two where I had to type a third.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 12:34:06 PM »

Not directly related to the quality of this post but as general advice, I tried to find some of the articles I've read on whether or not something is worth posting.  There have been some nice articles with some succinct guidelines but I can't find any of them now. Smiley

I found one about Facebook status updates but the general rules seemed like good ones... and I may add one or two of my own.

General guidelines for being a mature poster on the forums.  Ask yourself these questions before posting:
1) Is it coherent?

If you answer "no" or "maybe" to any of those questions then instead of posting it, send the message to yourself as an e-mail.  We are attached to our thoughts and ideas.  It can be hard to part with them.  This way that "gold" won't be lost.  If you read it later and change your mind on any of the above questions then you can reconsider posting it.

The act of typing something up and then not sending it is a valuable tool that can carry with you through life.  There have been many coworkers throughout my career that I _never_ send my first e-mail to.  I always typed up a second one and deleted the first one.  There have been one or two where I had to type a third.
Great advice +1

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 12:55:18 PM »

Great advice +1

Thanks.  I've attempted to capture it in a sticky thread:
http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=1276.0
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 02:24:15 PM »

Thank you guys for replying. I only posted this because I know I am immature, and I just wanted to know if you guys want me to stay myself, or mature (I am working on maturity right now)

And Paul, thank you for the steps
1) Is it coherent?

And I would really like to thank you all for helping me out Smiley
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 10:36:46 PM »

Thank you guys for replying. I only posted this because I know I am immature, and I just wanted to know if you guys want me to stay myself, or mature (I am working on maturity right now)

1) Is it coherent?

Well, the first step is always to get past denial and admit that you have a problem. Tongue
You are improving; I wouldn't say you are terrible, but you certainly shouldn't stop maturing here.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »

1) Is it coherent?

Well, the first step is always to get past denial and admit that you have a problem. Tongue
You are improving; I wouldn't say you are terrible, but you certainly shouldn't stop maturing here.
Progress will happen, over time. Don't expect it soon. Smiley but I will be better. I also did a system recovery whoo!! My system has 533GB total for the local disk, 14GB is used up!
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »

So... You just erased a massive amount of stuff?

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 02:33:38 PM »

So... You just erased a massive amount of stuff?
Yea, and some programs wouldn't uninstall xD
I got back the stuff I wanted Smiley (Notepad++, Mythruna Music, Mythruna, Eclipse IDE) that's all, oh and google chrome.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: