Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 05:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UDP Error  (Read 7030 times)
G1ZMO
Donators

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:28:47 PM »

Paul,

I'm getting the "Client is not receiving UDP messages from the server" error just now

Paul

Paul

Castle G1ZmO of Scotland @ -219:569
Castle GiZmODo @ -700:623
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 03:32:21 PM »

Paul,

I'm getting the "Client is not receiving UDP messages from the server" error just now

Paul

Someone else is logged in so it seems to be a transient issue.  I'm not going to reset my router with another player logged in, though.  The problem may not be at my end, after all... and I'd hate to boot someone without good cause.
G1ZMO
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 03:39:10 PM »

Working now Smiley thanks, must be a transient thing

Paul

Castle G1ZmO of Scotland @ -219:569
Castle GiZmODo @ -700:623
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 07:05:52 PM »

Right now I am getting the same error. I'm starting to get a suspicion this is more than a 'client side/server side error' but an error in the code itself..?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 07:09:21 PM »

Right now I am getting the same error. I'm starting to get a suspicion this is more than a 'client side/server side error' but an error in the code itself..?

Two people just joined, so I don't think it's on my end.

It exactly indicates that UDP packets are not making it from one end to the other in a timely manner.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 07:15:42 PM »

Not sure if coherent but: internet has been 'flaky' lately for my friends saying that they lose connection sometimes. Could internet be dropping?

#Y2K
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 07:15:49 PM »

It said "IllegalState: The client needs to be restarted"

*restarted client* and now works just fine. Strange, it wont work one minute but then is completely fine the next. I guess it's just one of the 7 wonders of the world, anyway thank you Paul.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 07:21:55 PM »

It said "IllegalState: The client needs to be restarted"

*restarted client* and now works just fine. Strange, it wont work one minute but then is completely fine the next. I guess it's just one of the 7 wonders of the world, anyway thank you Paul.

The internet can be a fickle beast.  UDP packets are unreliable so they are the first things to go if a connection is going south.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: