Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 05:07:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble  (Read 14324 times)
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 07:09:47 PM »

I just logged on. Worked like a charm.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 08:36:20 PM »

I've ordered a new gig-e switch and a 150 foot cat6 cable just in case.  They will be here tomorrow and Friday respectively.  I also have a 25 ft cat6 cable coming tomorrow (love Amazon)... so I should be able to rule out the closet switch and the interconnect with the other switches up here.  That will either fix the problem or I'll end up snaking the 150 ft cable through the attic, down through the walls, and back to the basement.  Always a good time.

I hope it's the switch or the closet->office cable.

The new switch seems to have fixed my dropped packets issues.  The closet->office cable is currently limiting my max bandwidth but is still high enough not to matter in this case.  The 25 ft cable I used for testing is not long enough to be a permanent solution in that case so it will wait.  The issues with connecting to the server should be gone now, though.
Thank you, It's good to see it's fixed so I and the rest can stop complaining.   Grin Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:38:11 PM by Sean » Logged

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: