Mythruna
April 18, 2024, 09:38:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets see some videos mythrunans  (Read 15279 times)
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 10:23:08 PM »

i imagined google saying "PAUL STAHPPPP yur breking teh interwebz" in meme voices

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 10:55:45 PM »

"Google called, they said they want their internet back."

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:28 PM »

i imagined google saying "PAUL STAHPPPP yur breking teh interwebz" in meme voices

It wasn't me.  I was just there and overheard it.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 05:12:25 AM »

True story... in 2002, right after we got into our new offices, we had some guys in the lab that were doing something spidering google.  It was intense enough that google called us and told us to stop.  It was so funny to hear someone lean into the lab and say, "Google called and said whatever you are doing, please stop."  Smiley
this made me lol  Smiley

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »

This process is called Web crawling or spidering. Many sites, in particular search engines, use spidering as a means of providing up-to-date data. Web crawlers are mainly used to create a copy of all the visited pages for later processing by a search engine that will index the downloaded pages to provide fast searches. Crawlers can also be used for automating maintenance tasks on a Web site, such as checking links or validating HTML code. Also, crawlers can be used to gather specific types of information from Web pages, such as harvesting e-mail addresses (usually for sending spam).

correct definition?
Anyways that friend of yours must have been hardcore and google must have been upset about that thing your friend did. I told a couple of my friends at school about that and they lol'd.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 06:03:10 PM »

This process is called Web crawling or spidering. Many sites, in particular search engines, use spidering as a means of providing up-to-date data. Web crawlers are mainly used to create a copy of all the visited pages for later processing by a search engine that will index the downloaded pages to provide fast searches. Crawlers can also be used for automating maintenance tasks on a Web site, such as checking links or validating HTML code. Also, crawlers can be used to gather specific types of information from Web pages, such as harvesting e-mail addresses (usually for sending spam).

correct definition?
Anyways that friend of yours must have been hardcore and google must have been upset about that thing your friend did. I told a couple of my friends at school about that and they lol'd.

When you get older you may end up working for a company.  There will probably be lots of people there.  You will be pretty lucky if even 1% of them are your "friends".

In this case, it was another contractor I only barely knew... and he was working on some other project unrelated to mine.

Also, I don't think we were causing serious harm to google anyway... just hammering their local node so they asked us to stop.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 08:17:15 PM »

I doubt many people have got that call from google. good story

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: