Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 05:01:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansion of Azazel FINAL RELEASE [Shzylo's Text Adventure]  (Read 25934 times)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 07:39:48 PM »

In our programming class we learned basically how to trying create spacewar.  Including gantt charts and design basically, the last 4 weeks were dedicated to our own games
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 08:10:15 PM »

In our programming class we learned basically how to trying create spacewar.  Including gantt charts and design basically, the last 4 weeks were dedicated to our own games
Heh, I have decided to cut from 20 rooms to 10, I already have 700+ lines of code, I will post the game, and the src code tomorrow, and I may also switch it to the format that Paul gave (if I feel like it, I may just test it out to understand it).
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 08:10:43 PM »

If you write a book I'll buy it lol

If I write a book it will be in sections sold as separate Amazon e-books until all sections are done and then I'd offer a "complete" edition in print.  The idea would be to put my advice of "writing a text adventure" and "write a simple Asteroids clone" into more detail for super-beginners.  In fact, in my imagination, for the text adventure section I wouldn't even include any complete sample code.  Just the excerpts here and there in the book.  The idea is to give some guidance learning game programming in "language of choice" and the theory is that having a completely working example would make it too easy to cheat.

The second section would be more tech-specific and I'd probably include a working app in that case... though I'm tempted to wait for the third section for that, too.

I imagine writing this a lot but I haven't even done one bit of work on it other than thinking about it every time someone asks me how to write a game.
imagination land isnt all its cracked up to be sometimes

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »

Heh, I have decided to cut from 20 rooms to 10, I already have 700+ lines of code, I will post the game, and the src code tomorrow, and I may also switch it to the format that Paul gave (if I feel like it, I may just test it out to understand it).

I think my survivor header file and. Cpp file had almost 1000 lines themselves
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »

Okay! I have posted the final release (hoping there aren't any bugs) and I have posted the source code via Github!
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »

Okay! I have posted the final release (hoping there aren't any bugs) and I have posted the source code via Github!
"It's a troll" please explain. lol.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 08:37:38 PM »

There are some things in there that will trick you Tongue
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2013, 08:39:24 PM »

Heh, lol. Like how "You wlak up the stairs." part? Or how during the second fight suddenly I don't have my knife to throw at the wizard? Sad
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 09:19:32 PM »

Heh, lol. Like how "You wlak up the stairs." part? Or how during the second fight suddenly I don't have my knife to throw at the wizard? Sad
xD
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 05:54:03 PM »

If you keep this "lines of code" contest going, Paul might just show up and shame you all. Tongue
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 05:56:38 PM »

If you keep this "lines of code" contest going, Paul might just show up and shame you all. Tongue

Heheh... I still remember doing "wc -l" on projects to see how many lines they have.

You know you've reached a turning point when you feel better about the lines of code you remove (and keep the same functionality) than the lines of code you add. Smiley
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 06:58:06 PM »

Lol I took out about 50 lines of code for about a 5 line loop going through my array. Made me feel better having a small victory making it look better
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: