Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 06:46:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Your whole world is off by one block in each direction...  (Read 34661 times)
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »

The 8, I mean 7 races are kind of set in stone for the main game.  Maybe I'll feel differently about it when tons of money is rolling in and I have a team of artists... but as it is, a race represents many many months of work on its own.  And I haven't implemented even one yet.  Smiley

Thicker trees are hard because the geometry gets messy.  I want to do it on some level but there are a bunch of issues.  The new engine is more capable of doing it than the old was, though.
*Cough* Yes, the '7' races. But yeah, I'd like to see a new race maybe at some point. I'd say it should be thrown in secretly, like as a brand new race that popped out of the sky! Then you don't jave to worry about how they build or anything yet, because they didn't have time to build anything! Cheesy

Yeah... I can see that. You CAN have just straight ones that are perfectly normal, so that's easy. But doing something like big winding trees would be a bit hard... Would be awesome to see them naturally at some point though :3...

On MC, their's a plugin called VoxelSniper, which is a really neat tool. It can be easily used to make HUUUGE terrain stuff, such as mountains or MASSIVE trees! They can have really weird shapes that you want and look natural! You can get even more precise if you want and have perfect archways ETC...

OMG!!! ^^^ Just gave me an idea!!! Maybe sometime after you get a lot of the Survival stuff set down, or Build Mode you could make a Terrain editor! Something like make a list of 'Oak Trees' or 'Oak Trees with Houses' and you can either pick something from the list, OR the list itself! If you pick the list then it will place down a random thing from inside of it where you clicked/place. :3
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »

These already exist as admin tools.  I can place whatever kind of tree I want wherever... random buildings, too.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »

The 8, I mean 7 races

hm

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 07:36:02 PM »

It's no use. Paul has already made it so obvious. Or maybe he's playing us into a trap. Either way, win win.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »

It's no use. Paul has already made it so obvious. Or maybe he's playing us into a trap. Either way, win win.
You know he's going to make 7 races, then the 8th race FAR FAR FAR after release.. so we'll keep looking for it but give up... THEN it'll actually be there and we'll completely not see it xD
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 06:16:06 PM »

That's too far! D:

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 06:18:31 PM »

If you encounter it then there will be no mistaking it.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 09:20:35 PM »

If you encounter it then there will be no mistaking it.
*cough* centaur.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »

You will also most likely have never seen it before.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 05:11:01 AM »

well its settled then. the last race is an alien.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 09:53:05 AM »

We are the only aliens.

They are definitely native to Mythruna and have been since "the before time, the long-long ago".  After all "the whispers" has worked its way into common Mythrunian culture.  It's one of the few things that is universal across the races.  Even a reptilian might wish a friend "a safe trip free of whispers".

Note that no current generation will have ever encountered one... nor their parents or parents' parents, etc..  Legend and lore by now.  Like the dragons.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »

We are the only aliens.

They are definitely native to Mythruna and have been since "the before time, the long-long ago".  After all "the whispers" has worked its way into common Mythrunian culture.  It's one of the few things that is universal across the races.  Even a reptilian might wish a friend "a safe trip free of whispers".

Note that no current generation will have ever encountered one... nor their parents or parents' parents, etc..  Legend and lore by now.  Like the dragons.
Legends and folklore that you encounter as something extremely rare will be the best part. Instead of like skyrim where you get a telling of something legendary and then you get it a few days later.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 05:18:29 PM »

Well, dragons are legends to native Mythrunians because they can't wake them up.  If you happen to be (un)lucky enough to find one early then suddenly legend will be reality really soon. Smiley

There was a time before the shattering (when Mythruna was just one world) where dragons were real, though not necessarily numerous and they would hibernate frequently.  The legends come from that time.

The whispers are not dissimilar.  They only show up in the world as a side-effect (and some chain of events I won't go into) of us being there.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »

Well, dragons are legends to native Mythrunians because they can't wake them up.  If you happen to be (un)lucky enough to find one early then suddenly legend will be reality really soon. Smiley

There was a time before the shattering (when Mythruna was just one world) where dragons were real, though not necessarily numerous and they would hibernate frequently.  The legends come from that time.

The whispers are not dissimilar.  They only show up in the world as a side-effect (and some chain of events I won't go into) of us being there.
I feel a plot-twist coming up. There's going to be treasure hunters looking for an ancient dragon and then suddenly instead of a dragon you get The Whispers.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »

Dragons are awakened by your direct presence.  The whispers are a side effect of something else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: