Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 05:30:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video: New menus, far horizons, and colored lighting...  (Read 9198 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2013, 10:58:12 PM »

I finally got far enough along to make a video. Smiley

http://youtu.be/LhLWZW-ZeZw

This means a few things:
1) Friends of Mythruna will be getting a download link "real soon now"
2) Donators will be getting a download link sometime in the next week or so.
3) I will be jumping into the next step with both feet: Physics

There are still a ton of things after that to wrap up before I have a functioning "game" again but a milestone is a milestone just the same. Smiley
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:35:40 AM »

Really cool stuff. Im watching your progress closely on facebook Cheesy
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:22:12 AM »

you're going to be one rich game developer, Paul. Mythruna will be the best thing since Final Fantasy VII... and sliced bread.

Airships... i can hardly wait for that physics engine!

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:28:31 PM »

Paul, when you jump in with both feet, make sure both land in Wink
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »

Haha. I liked the blue lighting. It was really eerie.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »

I can't wait for the part I am anticipating the most... PHYSICS!  Grin

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:04:06 PM »

Yeah, me too... there is a lot riding on it and I hope I don't disappoint.  We'll know soon, I guess.

Tonight I will start some of the dev-level tests I need to properly implement collision and stuff (built into the engine but not really part of the engine) so that I can avoid the problems I had testing the last version.  Trying to debug collision issues on a whole world is really difficult so I'm building a test bed where I can put just a few blocks in and see all of the data being generated.  Collision is the hardest thing to deal with and I have to be confident in that or it messes up all the rest of physics.  If some weird collision gets generated then it makes things even more unstable than they otherwise might be.

I'm hoping to get physics partly integrated by my kids' spring break... then take that week off to maybe get the engine releasable again.  We'll see what I can get done this next week and where I am going into spring break (last week of March).
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 03:14:56 AM »

Yeah, me too... there is a lot riding on it and I hope I don't disappoint.  We'll know soon, I guess.

Tonight I will start some of the dev-level tests I need to properly implement collision and stuff (built into the engine but not really part of the engine) so that I can avoid the problems I had testing the last version.  Trying to debug collision issues on a whole world is really difficult so I'm building a test bed where I can put just a few blocks in and see all of the data being generated.  Collision is the hardest thing to deal with and I have to be confident in that or it messes up all the rest of physics.  If some weird collision gets generated then it makes things even more unstable than they otherwise might be.

I'm hoping to get physics partly integrated by my kids' spring break... then take that week off to maybe get the engine releasable again.  We'll see what I can get done this next week and where I am going into spring break (last week of March).
Spring break starts next week for us! It sounds nice to have your kids to stay home for the week.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »

Spring break starts next week for us! It sounds nice to have your kids to stay home for the week.
This week for me Cheesy
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 06:33:09 PM »

This week for me Cheesy
I meant "this week". It's not sunday so I don't call it this week.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: