Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 03:03:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Money / Currency  (Read 5565 times)
xzardas

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »

Hey there everyone! It's been so long since i posted something. So, i have a question for paul. What will be the currency and the system for it?

I mean, are we going to have money like: coins, stone coins, nuts, shells?

And are we going to be able to carve, smith the money or pick it off the ground? or maybe dropped by certain mobs like bandits or something.
do we have to go to someone to let our money get value, to let our money get "value" at some kind of estate or something.
are we going to get money by doing quests at npc's?

Hope to hear something Smiley just wondering.

yeah right. Max 300; characters remaining: 254
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »

My current plan:

There will be gold coins.  You will not be able to mint them yourself but you can trade pretty much everything else for gold at the proper merchant.

I may in fact just call them "coins" and leave the metal as some special non-reproducible alloy.  "Gold coins" implies a value that will make bartering seem silly without smaller denominations and multi-denomination currency tends to be more tedious than fun.  But for example, selling a flower for one gold means that logically a sword should be 200 gold or something ridiculous... ie: there is no reason a sword should be worth more than 10 times its weight in gold.  10 or so _gold_ coins would be theoretically acceptable for a plain sword... but then you have the trouble that small items cannot be sold/bought for reasonable amounts.

So... yes there will be money.  And it will probably just be called "coins".
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:56:31 PM »

I once stated that an idea for a name was "runas" but Paul didn't like the idea, oh well Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »

I once stated that an idea for a name was "runas" but Paul didn't like the idea, oh well Smiley

That would be like naming our money "statesians".  Actually, more like if there was a world currency called "earthians".

...unlikely.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: