Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 07:38:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bone scaling...  (Read 6455 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:52:11 AM »

Hahah. Animation bone scaling is funny: http://i.imgur.com/Vz9q2bB.png
ayoriceball
Donators

Control Magic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 03:09:10 AM »

Such a tease!

From Bay12Forums
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
I have a skin, a potato has a skin, therefore, I'm God
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 03:17:56 AM »

I have a base where I can quickly write little test apps... based one the physics collision test thing I wrote.  That one took me two days just to get productive on... now I can get a simple test app and running in about 20 minutes.

There are some physics-related things I need to do with the player avatar bones... this is where I really will be a tease and leave that to your imagination.

...but while making sure I have the animation bones labeled and indexed properly, I messed with their scaling just to see how it would look.  I think it's funny.  Looks like some anime cartoon character that I can't quite place at the moment.  Something like this was always my plan for customizing body type, though I didn't think I'd be able to get away with it using the standard animation skeleton.  Apparently a lot can be done along those lines without creating a separate body-morph set of bones.  So maybe me will see body types sooner rather than later.

That's not on my plate right now, though.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 05:32:54 AM »

I have a base where I can quickly write little test apps... based one the physics collision test thing I wrote.  That one took me two days just to get productive on... now I can get a simple test app and running in about 20 minutes.

There are some physics-related things I need to do with the player avatar bones... this is where I really will be a tease and leave that to your imagination.

...but while making sure I have the animation bones labeled and indexed properly, I messed with their scaling just to see how it would look.  I think it's funny.  Looks like some anime cartoon character that I can't quite place at the moment.  Something like this was always my plan for customizing body type, though I didn't think I'd be able to get away with it using the standard animation skeleton.  Apparently a lot can be done along those lines without creating a separate body-morph set of bones.  So maybe me will see body types sooner rather than later.

That's not on my plate right now, though.
It reminds me of some naggy woman in a chinese/korean movie.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: