Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 07:23:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant log into server  (Read 6138 times)
Kilroy3094

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »

The error message, "Client is not receiving UDP messages from the server. Please make sure that UDP port 4234 is not blocked." has popped up every time i click to connect. I restarted my internet, restarted my computer, and even waited a day (it started yesterday and i figured i should give it some time).

Any feedback on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »

Sorry you are having trouble.  I restarted things on my end... if that doesn't fix it then it's a problem elsewhere.
Kilroy3094

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 05:15:55 PM »

That seemed to have fixed it. i can log in fine now. Thank you.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »

Paul what has been happening lately, we see so many topics covering this, but when you restart your stuff on your end it normally fixes it. Is it the stuff dealing w/ UDP packets? or is it just the connection?
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 02:38:18 AM »

Paul what has been happening lately, we see so many topics covering this, but when you restart your stuff on your end it normally fixes it. Is it the stuff dealing w/ UDP packets? or is it just the connection?
Most likely memory usage. But I dunno.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 11:48:07 AM »

Most likely memory usage. But I dunno.
As Paul has mentioned time and time again, the internet is a mysterious place of dropped packets and pony pictures.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 12:11:04 PM »

It's not memory.  The server has barely been using any these days... not enough traffic.

I don't really know what the issue is and I'm disinclined to waste too much effort on it right now.  It's not a problem with the software because usually I can still login locally when you guys can't.  I don't know why restarting the Mythruna server app fixes it... and it still could just be coincidence.

Maybe I will actually restart the machine at some point.  Could be WinXP's fault.  The desktop crashed 6 months ago or more... who knows what else is eating itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: