Mythruna
April 20, 2024, 04:00:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hair colors...  (Read 20890 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:15:56 PM »

Took a 20 minute physics break to play with custom hair colors: http://i.imgur.com/FLGJRyf.png

It was a little thing.  Not sure I'll have character customization in the next release or not... sort of depends on how easy other things go in but I still play with the parts sometimes.  If not this version then the next.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:40:15 AM »

Messing with hair color is a break? Smiley Hehe, great work.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 11:34:53 AM »

i hate to say it, but i LOVE deep character customization. its the main thing that makes different players unique.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »

Paul, I don't want to push you too hard, but will you give the option of the colorpicker popping up, so you get every single color to choose from?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 04:18:24 PM »

Paul, I don't want to push you too hard, but will you give the option of the colorpicker popping up, so you get every single color to choose from?

a) I'm not sure how else I would do it ?!?!

b) character customization will only be available to donators.
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 04:56:14 PM »

Yes, character customization will be so cool when it is in the game! I can't wait. Great work Paul!
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »

Sorry, every time I have played a game that allowed character customization it would have an option for hair and a scroll option so it chose between the defined colors (red, brown, blonde, ect.)
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 07:05:41 PM »

Awww, seriously? So that means most of the servers will be stuck with a ton of people that all look the same running around Sad
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 08:35:46 PM »

Awww, seriously? So that means most of the servers will be stuck with a ton of people that all look the same running around Sad

Just making sure you know that when it hits alpha, everyone will have customization, right?
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 08:39:56 PM »

when it hits alfa we have to pay money for it right?
(i already donated enough to preorder the game   Cheesy)

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 08:52:46 PM »

Not everyone will have customization in alpha. You're forgetting about the free version.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »

I cant wait for the next up date  Undecided

Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 10:22:43 PM »

What a nice different something as simple as hair color can make. I am especially partial to non-natural colors like blue and green  Grin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 10:33:31 PM »

What a nice different something as simple as hair color can make. I am especially partial to non-natural colors like blue and green  Grin

Yeah, I wanted to support every color as much as possible.  Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 10:42:58 PM »

The plan is for the current free server to remain free even when the alpha is out.  To play the full single player game or on official non-free servers, you will have to have a paid mythruna.com account.

The unpaid game will be feature-limited... as will the free server.

On the free server, some features (such as character customization, manipulating physics objects, etc.) will only be available to people with registered accounts or will be severely limited for players without paid accounts.

For example, a free account will be stuck with the (possibly bald) female avatar and probably only able to create one "mobile physical" object at a time.  The first one is incentive that doesn't really affect game play while still letting you easily see the people who have paid... and the second because physics spam will have a real detrimental affect on the server over time.  Spamming 1000 static/hologram chairs all around spawn town is one thing... spamming 1000 physical, moving entities is quite another.

Single player will have similar limits, though the number of owned physical objects will be raised (probably to five) and you will probably be able to (ultimately) create and/or own one vehicle.  Also, there will probably be limits on which skills can be acquired, etc..  And the number of characters+worlds you can create may also be limited... though that's really more of an inconvenience really.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: