Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 04:49:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hair colors...  (Read 20751 times)
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 03:23:05 PM »

Paul, I don't want to push you too hard, but will you give the option of the colorpicker popping up, so you get every single color to choose from?

a) I'm not sure how else I would do it ?!?!

b) character customization will only be available to donators.
Awww, seriously? So that means most of the servers will be stuck with a ton of people that all look the same running around Sad

Just making sure you know that when it hits alpha, everyone will have customization, right?
OOHHH okay.... that's good. Thanks :3
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »

Oh, okay Paul. I meant once you have the 'full-release' when we pay do we THEN get to customize, or only if we donate now? I'd hate the customization to be stuck as a 'Early Donation/Alpha Purchase/Beta Purchase' extra thing.

I mean, if you pay at ANY STAGE, such as a Donation or during Alpha or during Beta or after you're done with the game, we'd then be able to customize? I didn't get what you meant by we get to customize by donating. I thought you meant to people who donate, and donaters alone.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 04:17:41 PM »

Oh, okay Paul. I meant once you have the 'full-release' when we pay do we THEN get to customize, or only if we donate now? I'd hate the customization to be stuck as a 'Early Donation/Alpha Purchase/Beta Purchase' extra thing.

I mean, if you pay at ANY STAGE, such as a Donation or during Alpha or during Beta or after you're done with the game, we'd then be able to customize? I didn't get what you meant by we get to customize by donating. I thought you meant to people who donate, and donaters alone.

Yeah, paying is paying.  You have to have some kind of paid Mythruna.com account to customize your character.  It's just that donating is the only way to pay right now.

...it would be a pretty lame RPG if players couldn't customize their characters. Smiley
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 04:21:37 PM »

Yeah, paying is paying.  You have to have some kind of paid Mythruna.com account to customize your character.  It's just that donating is the only way to pay right now.

...it would be a pretty lame RPG if players couldn't customize their characters. Smiley
idc either way ima donator  Grin

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »

The plan is for the current free server to remain free even when the alpha is out.  To play the full single player game or on official non-free servers, you will have to have a paid mythruna.com account.

The unpaid game will be feature-limited... as will the free server.

On the free server, some features (such as character customization, manipulating physics objects, etc.) will only be available to people with registered accounts or will be severely limited for players without paid accounts.

For example, a free account will be stuck with the (possibly bald) female avatar and probably only able to create one "mobile physical" object at a time.  The first one is incentive that doesn't really affect game play while still letting you easily see the people who have paid... and the second because physics spam will have a real detrimental affect on the server over time.  Spamming 1000 static/hologram chairs all around spawn town is one thing... spamming 1000 physical, moving entities is quite another.

Single player will have similar limits, though the number of owned physical objects will be raised (probably to five) and you will probably be able to (ultimately) create and/or own one vehicle.  Also, there will probably be limits on which skills can be acquired, etc..  And the number of characters+worlds you can create may also be limited... though that's really more of an inconvenience really.
As long as I can make a canoe or boat, I'm happy.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 06:13:55 PM »

Only people who have paid will be able to make vehicles on the free server.  As a free player, you can make one physical object of the current size (2.5 x 2.5 meters max) and it could be boat-like but you wouldn't have the ability to steer is other than dragging it around.  It also won't float, I think.

Of course, it may be a while before the full steering systems are implemented for regular vehicles, too... but for those I'm talking about larger things that use full-sized blocks and that floats on air/water.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »

hmm... Paul, would non-payers be able to access the vehicles the payers have paid for? and also the other way around?
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »

Only people who have paid will be able to make vehicles on the free server.  As a free player, you can make one physical object of the current size (2.5 x 2.5 meters max) and it could be boat-like but you wouldn't have the ability to steer is other than dragging it around.  It also won't float, I think.

Of course, it may be a while before the full steering systems are implemented for regular vehicles, too... but for those I'm talking about larger things that use full-sized blocks and that floats on air/water.
I'm soo glad i donated enough to pre oreder the game now  Cheesy

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 06:31:32 PM »

hmm... Paul, would non-payers be able to access the vehicles the payers have paid for? and also the other way around?

You could ride on them... but not control them.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »

You could ride on them... but not control them.

Wait... we switched from paid players to NPCs and I didn't notice.

In that case, of course.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 04:55:00 AM »

As long as I can make a barrel to hide in on land... ;_;

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 01:26:05 PM »

As long as I can make a barrel to hide in on land... ;_;
A square* barrel... right? Oh wait, this ain't MC. The world doesn't have to be perfectly square anymore! YAY!!! lol
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: