Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 10:19:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Combat questions  (Read 17322 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »

That's another thing. You don't aquire "Skills" to make weapons. As long as you know the process of making a weapon you can make it. Also, if you needed a weapon to defend yourself, why not just pick up a branch off the ground or go scavenging.

This isn't entirely true.  You will likely have to acquire/know basic skills to use the tools involved.  It's just that once you learn a skill the rest is up to you and there are no "skill levels".  So you don't have to make 50 swords just to get good at it.  When you have the skill to make a sword, you can make swords... within your ability to control the crafting tools as a player.  This skill is separate from mining, smelting, etc..  Some of these skills will be choosable starter skills.

Regarding the original question: spawn point is always going to be near a town. (In fact the algorithm to make that happen and have town be within site of the spawn tower was kind of interesting but I digress.)  Anyway, you will start with a basic weapon of some kind depending on how you built your character.

But Moonkey is right about one thing, if you are in the forest all by yourself and were foolish enough to do that without a weapon then to some extent you can pick up other things to use.  The more useful survival-type base skills you have the more likely you will be able to come up with something fancier than throwing rocks.
will the types of towns spawned near the player vary with race?
reptilian players plus human town doesn't sound like a good idea
also what will spawn near avian players?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »

Well, it will be a human town.  Spawn location won't change if you play a different character, for example.  At least not for a looooooong time.

Human towns tend to be accepting of all races.  Especially the ones near a spawn tower.

Edit: note that it doesn't mean they will be nice to you or trust you overly much... but they won't kick you out and it would not be strange to see members of other races walking around.  They are the social connectors, after all.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

Well, it will be a human town.  Spawn location won't change if you play a different character, for example.  At least not for a looooooong time.

Human towns tend to be accepting of all races.  Especially the ones near a spawn tower.

Edit: note that it doesn't mean they will be nice to you or trust you overly much... but they won't kick you out and it would not be strange to see members of other races walking around.  They are the social connectors, after all.
at which point does the world generation become random?

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 07:50:52 PM »

Well, it will be a human town.  Spawn location won't change if you play a different character, for example.  At least not for a looooooong time.

Human towns tend to be accepting of all races.  Especially the ones near a spawn tower.

I believe it generates random at first, and then the other generators kick in and finish the job. Paul, correct me if I am wrong.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »

Well, it will be a human town.  Spawn location won't change if you play a different character, for example.  At least not for a looooooong time.

Human towns tend to be accepting of all races.  Especially the ones near a spawn tower.

I believe it generates random at first, and then the other generators kick in and finish the job. Paul, correct me if I am wrong.
what happens if a reptilian village by chance is near spawn?

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »

Well, then I guess the generator made a reptilian town right by town. If so, there may also be a human village somewhere near by. It is all determined by Paul and how he sets up the generators.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »

The worlds are already random.  The single player game just doesn't have any way to change the world seed.  There are I think 50 posts on this already. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »

I don't know because it will never happen.  The town generated near spawn will always be a human-mix town.  Always.  Repeat: always.

And since this is the second time this has come up: Always. Smiley
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 04:05:23 AM »

The worlds are already random.  The single player game just doesn't have any way to change the world seed.  There are I think 50 posts on this already. Smiley

or... does it?!?

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 05:33:53 AM »

or... does it?!?

Heheh.  Yeah, there are posts on that too. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 01:11:44 PM »

wowa Paul, you aren't getting upset, are you in a good mood, or are you just keeping your happy face on?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: