Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 09:11:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fooling around with the Main Menu...  (Read 25016 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »

Actually it depends on how your laptop screen/computer screen was built and what resolution they support. So, let's say, 3280x2560 screen resolution. If your laptop/computer screen supported it (Not your computer in general) it should run the same as a computer screen that only supported a max of 1600x900.

You will be affected by fill rate.  It takes longer to draw 3280x2560 pixels than it does to draw 1600x900 pixels.  Whether the rest of the hardware is faster to make up for it is another story... but for games, higher resolution will always be slower than lower resolution.
I thought I was wrong. I plugged in an HDMI cord to our TV and I could display the game I was playing at a higher resolution than my laptop and it ran the same when it was lower.

60 fps?
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »

Actually it depends on how your laptop screen/computer screen was built and what resolution they support. So, let's say, 3280x2560 screen resolution. If your laptop/computer screen supported it (Not your computer in general) it should run the same as a computer screen that only supported a max of 1600x900.

You will be affected by fill rate.  It takes longer to draw 3280x2560 pixels than it does to draw 1600x900 pixels.  Whether the rest of the hardware is faster to make up for it is another story... but for games, higher resolution will always be slower than lower resolution.
I thought I was wrong. I plugged in an HDMI cord to our TV and I could display the game I was playing at a higher resolution than my laptop and it ran the same when it was lower.

60 fps?
No, something like 45~ when on the TV and 47~ on the laptop. The TV had a 1080p resolution so, not much of a difference anyway.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: