Mythruna
April 16, 2024, 12:06:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle Mod v0.1  (Read 35038 times)
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:43:12 PM »

Whoa, hold it there. A battle mod? And no AI? Well, technically it isn't a battle mod then. It is just a rough implementation of a combat system. Once you install this mod and go into game mode you get a sword and a dummy. You place the dummy and you can hit it with your sword and watch it's health go down. Here are some screenshots.

Commands:
~adddummy - Gives the player a dummy in their inventory
~addsword - Gives the player a sword in their inventory

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?laqbgyg78z03oa2
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:26:15 PM »

is there a single player version?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »

Heheh... pretty cool.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »

Heheh... pretty cool.

Also, it's kind of motivating to see my little inventory window in someone else's screen shot.  If I have time tonight, redoing that as a Lemur component (with some small redesigns) is one of the things I may play with.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »

nice

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 06:30:40 AM »

This does work in single player because that is what I use to test it. I have not tested it on a server yet but I would assume it works.
Heheh... pretty cool.

Also, it's kind of motivating to see my little inventory window in someone else's screen shot.  If I have time tonight, redoing that as a Lemur component (with some small redesigns) is one of the things I may play with.
I am not quite sure why nobody has made a mod for game mode, it isn't that hard. I was extremely surprised when I used the API to see that it was so easy and nobody had done it before.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 07:01:17 AM »

This does work in single player because that is what I use to test it. I have not tested it on a server yet but I would assume it works.
Heheh... pretty cool.

I am not quite sure why nobody has made a mod for game mode, it isn't that hard. I was extremely surprised when I used the API to see that it was so easy and nobody had done it before.

Glad it worked well for you. Smiley  There are maybe only one or two others who have tried it so far.
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 08:47:37 AM »

Really?! It isn't really that hard. But then again, I do application programming in java and groovy on the side for part of my latest project  Smiley
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 02:18:46 PM »

I've entertained the idea of taking some night classes just to mod for Mythruna. Then I had a beer.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 02:25:17 PM »

I've entertained the idea of taking some night classes just to mod for Mythruna. Then I had a beer.

LOL.  That reminds me of guys who used to say things like "I would have studied programming in school but I could date girls." or somesuch.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »

Hey Paul, remember when I was first learning to code back in August? Thank you for the help by the way;
I have been holding back on learning groovy overall for months because I want to learn java and get that handy to learn Groovy A LOT easier.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:20:08 AM by CoderMusgrove » Logged
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 03:55:01 PM »

Hey Paul, remember when I was first learning to code back in August? Thank you for the help by the way;
I have been holding back on learning groovy overall for months because I want to learn java and get that handy to learn Groovy A LOT easier. (and it also isn't easy to learn all this stuff when there is a girl that you are trying to date xD) <-- ignore the italicized && bold text..
I remember when there was someone I liked in school. But then I went to an online-school in 7th grade and learned much more. (Feels like I just reversed bigred's joke)

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »

lol I'm too smart for online schools Tongue
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 04:41:34 PM »

lol I'm too smart for online schools Tongue
^ This is not true. Online schools teach harder things than public schools. I learned it the hard way. LITERALLY, GWAHAHA.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »

Off topic much? Lol, this always happens Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: