Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 12:00:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Experience  (Read 5852 times)
ShaneHed13

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:00:18 PM »

I want to start this saying I love this game.  I like it better than Minecraft already and with the plans for the future I am excited to see a little more beef in the gameplay.  When I pay off my kitchen I would like to donate some to the creator to hopefully help everything along.  All this being said, and I'm sure there is a better board for this but I have some bugs and suggestions.

I am building a property where I wanted to fill up an area with water, and that is a bitch right now!  I basically had to close off a 32x32 "pool" and put a water around the edge then delete the blocks to have the water fill in.. that was just the surface.  Maybe having the water spread into any empty blocks next to or below the block would work.  I'm sure you thought of this but maybe not.  Wait, I just realized something, with this online, if someone just put a water up in the air it would fuck up the world!  Gotta be some reasonable compromise though!

I played for about 3 hours tonight and 3 times my game just shut off (online mode).  Everything saved and I started exactly where I left off but just a note.

At one point I feel into a hole to what seemed like a permanent bottom.  Looked like mud and I couldn't jump or start climbing out of the hole.  After a few resets I saw the help with the ~escape command.  Very nice addition but would probably need to be addressed for a firm pay or ptp release.

When I look up or down, or maybe on certain terrain, my character moves VERY slow and it gets obnoxious at times when I am trying to build something quickly.

I appreciate all the hard work that has been put into the game and I hope that in some small way my feedback will be helpful.  My wife is moving to nights soon so I really won't have anything better to do than to go fuck around in Mythruna!
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 07:20:43 PM »

Yeah, the walking + looking-up/down is a problem, but it isn't a game-breaking problem and the creator ( Paul Speed ) will probably deal with that later, because there are more important things.

Enjoy Mythruna!
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:32:05 PM »

1. Water will be fixed so it will flow, but that's down the road.
2. The reason why you crashed while in the server was because of a connection problem. This could have been caused by a loss of packets from the client to the server or it is more likely the case that there was a hiccup in Paul's internet connection.
3. I assume you reached the very bottom of the world where there is dirt. I think it was intentional to not allow jumping on the layer and it is most likely Paul being a bit of a troll rather than a bug.  Smiley
4. I personally like slowing down when I look down/up. It helps me build things without falling off of my structure and I feel it is a little unrealistic to be in a full-on-sprint while looking straight down anyway. But, I do see why it could be an annoyance, especially when I keep in mind video games are not made to be realistic.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:35:20 PM by Sean » Logged

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:24:16 PM »

4. I personally like slowing down when I look down/up. It helps me build things without falling off of my structure and I feel it is a little unrealistic to be in a full-on-sprint while looking straight down anyway. But, I do see why it could be an annoyance, especially when I keep in mind video games are not made to be realistic.

It's done on purpose, it's just too exaggerated is all.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

Oh i was thinking of the full on 360 rotation up-down Tongue
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »

Oh i was thinking of the full on 360 rotation up-down Tongue

That's already fixed in the next version.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: