Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 11:44:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Server-Development team.  (Read 13774 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »

Looking for Staff

I Shzylo, am going to be looking to gain a group of individuals as a server development team to help me make a Mythruna server. Those of you who will be looking to join the development team will need to meet some requirements, and you will need to post an application to join. Just because you fill out an application does not mean that you will be put onto the development team. I will be looking for a staff with mature abilities in fields such as building, programming, and administrating. If you don't have experience in certain fields, or no experience with administrating a server at all, you may end up being lucky on joining the staff. Age does not meet a requirement, I judge you on your intelligence.

Application

Please private message me your application

In-Game-Name:
Experience with Programming:
Experience with Administrating:
Reason for Joining:
Ever Fought with an Admin on a Game?
Ever Fought with a Player on a Game?

When Released

I will release the server what I feel will be probably after the summer, when we have for one, got off of OG&E smart hours, and two, completed a nice build of the server, and have made a website for it. I am not for certain though. There may be an update for Mythruna during the summer so gameplay will be more fun. I plan to also make sure the staff is all sorted out before I do.

Server Information

For the uptime, I will try my best to make it a dedicated server, but my Grandmother is against it. Maybe by then she may allow me to use a host for it. I may try to set up donating along with it, which sadly, I would love to set up a plugin to give you special features, but if I do set up donating, I would have to wait for Mythruna to be Alpha, which will allow survival and it would give you items and other special features. School will keep me from being on it much, and I will have to make sure all the processes are running. The server

Ranks

I will change ranks, so people like the staff will have a rank of 'moderator' and not 'admin' because there I features that I don't really trust them with, such as the CubeChange mod by gara. I do this because I know for a fact that if you use too big of a selection, it crashes the server ( I learned that the hard way ).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:53:49 PM by Shzylo » Logged
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 08:37:01 PM »

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 08:38:40 PM »

What? If you have a problem, just keep it to yourself.
GaraQuor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 02:35:21 AM »

Me I want help you, but I'm not available all the time :/
but I think for developing the server, I may well help.

by cons, it may have a communication problem ^^
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 07:14:56 AM »

Me I want help you, but I'm not available all the time :/
but I think for developing the server, I may well help.

by cons, it may have a communication problem ^^
Hehe yeah, I would accept you for the programming part Tongue
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 09:11:18 AM »

give me the power to travel around the server fast and i think i would be good for enforcing server rules on the server

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »

give me the power to travel around the server fast and i think i would be good for enforcing server rules on the server
Moderators will be allowed the ~tp command, so that counts as traveling fast.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 09:18:46 AM »

i dont like my old in game user name so i'm gonna make a new one as ebag51 so hopefully i can be a mod

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 09:31:13 AM »

i dont like my old in game user name so i'm gonna make a new one as ebag51 so hopefully i can be a mod
Logins change from server-to-server currently, so if you make an account on Paul's server and your username as 'ebag51' and your password as 'somepassword' that information will not get you onto another server, until Paul sets up networking with logging in to the game. So the In-Game-Name will have to be the account you use on my server.
Toboi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 08:20:24 AM »

What is the overall concept of the server? Will it be Fantasy? And what kind of stuff do you want to program for it?
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »

you should add Gara's mods.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 11:21:03 AM »

What is the overall concept of the server? Will it be Fantasy? And what kind of stuff do you want to program for it?
I'm not so sure on the 'goal' yet, but right now since it is just build mode, it will be build mode Smiley I am really looking for admin tools at the moment, which I am working on one as some practice with groovy, but I know that Paul could blow it off in 5 minutes Tongue

Currently, I am using the CubeChange mod by gara, I may add the whitelist if things get out of hand, but I would have to change some things, or ask gara to change some things with the whitelist plugin because it just cancels you out of logging in, and crashes the game, but I would rather have it set to exit-on-close after you press the 'OK' button on the popup dialog for not being whitelisted Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »

I'm not so sure on the 'goal' yet, but right now since it is just build mode, it will be build mode Smiley I am really looking for admin tools at the moment, which I am working on one as some practice with groovy, but I know that Paul could blow it off in 5 minutes Tongue

Currently, I am using the CubeChange mod by gara, I may add the whitelist if things get out of hand, but I would have to change some things, or ask gara to change some things with the whitelist plugin because it just cancels you out of logging in, and crashes the game, but I would rather have it set to exit-on-close after you press the 'OK' button on the popup dialog for not being whitelisted Smiley

If it kicks the player with a reason string then that string should be shown in a dialog pop-up while the client is crashing.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 03:56:40 PM »

If it kicks the player with a reason string then that string should be shown in a dialog pop-up while the client is crashing.
That's basically what it does, but I would rather the game exit after you click "OK" on the dialog box, then crash, if you know what I mean. I don't want my folder filling up with error messages because of me not being whitelisted on servers Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 04:11:29 PM »

That's not really a moddable change.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: