Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 10:28:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ShzyloGames  (Read 7468 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »

Hello all, I have spent the past week working on a website as a project for me to store all of the games I make, I built EVERYTHING from scratch except for the blog and the forums.
Please tell me what you think and if you see any graphical issues, I have only tested the site with IE 10 and Google Chrome.

http://shzylogames.elementfx.com/
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 12:56:31 PM »

It works fine in Firefox. But really the website looks great; I'll even go on to say it looks better than the sites most people make in my advanced web design class.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 01:53:37 PM »

Very nice! I really appreciate that you have all four links on all four pages, even though they're on three different systems.

Works great on iOS Safari.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »

Okay thank you guys for the replies and the fact that it works on Firefox and Safari!

It works fine in Firefox. But really the website looks great; I'll even go on to say it looks better than the sites most people make in my advanced web design class.
Hehe yeah, I thought that my site did look better than most sites, too. It would be even more amazing if I knew any of the back-end web design languages ( back-end is the things that gives functionality to a webpage, such as JavaScript, PHP, and MySQL ).

Very nice! I really appreciate that you have all four links on all four pages, even though they're on three different systems.
I did some looking around to find out how to get the links for each page from each page, it was pretty cool that it was possible, but it would have been extremely stupid if I wasn't able to do that.

I was planning on adding a 'like on facebook' but the widget was too annoying to work with, and I had no idea where to put it. Anyways, this website kind of shows you what I am capable of. Smiley
Rexirl
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 03:59:55 AM »

Sleek! Definitely looks better than some web pages I built when I was 12, or 13, though I'll blame that on it being about seven years ago.  Wink

Works fine in Opera on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.10, too (not my favorite browser, but I thought it deserved to be tested); an outdated version of Opera Mobile on my outdated mobile phone didn't quite handle it, though (the page appeared to be left-aligned and the menu links at the top didn't show up), but that shouldn't really count (due to the outdatedness).

Well done!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:49:43 PM by Rexirl » Logged
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 09:01:45 AM »

Sleek! Definitely looks better than some webpages I built when I was 12, or 13, though I'll blame that on it being about seven years ago.  Wink

Works fine in Opera on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.10, too (not my favorite browser, but I thought it deserved to be tested); an outdated version of Opera Mobile on my outdated mobile phone didn't quite handle it, though (the page appeared to be left-aligned and the menu links at the top didn't show up), but that shouldn't really count (due to the outdatedness).

Well done!
Well, it could also be due to the site not having a mobile version. I am contemplating if I want to have a mobile version or not, but it is a 99% chance that I WILL NOT make a mobile version, because none of the games are for IOS or ANDROID (yet).

That reminds me, I attempted to make an ANDROID app, but I didn't understand a think even after looking at the tutorial and it was so laggy and I couldn't test it on my computer because the virtual machine didn't even load up after 10 minutes, because of a crappy processor. Undecided
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 11:27:39 AM »

If you have an android phone download "AIDE" it's an android ide that you can work with directly from your phone, you can also transfer any work you've done on a comp to your phone
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 11:32:43 AM »

I like it! Nice and fast when I click on links. (Meaning I don't have to wait 5-10 seconds for a page to pop up)

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 12:23:12 PM »

If you have an android phone download "AIDE" it's an android ide that you can work with directly from your phone, you can also transfer any work you've done on a comp to your phone
My grandmother has an Android, but I doubt that she will allow me to do that :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: