Mythruna
April 29, 2024, 11:12:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Invention that has the possibility of changing this Planet  (Read 13222 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »

This video will explain it all, and this is video is barely over two years old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FxJkQ3mJ3I
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:14:41 PM by Shzylo » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »

Hahah... such BS.  He's using the whole strength of his arm to spin a toy on a desk.

The laws of thermodynamics apply to everyone.  LOL.

I should make a video of myself spinning a weight on a string around my finger... "Look how little energy I'm putting in.  See how little my hand is moving?"  Ridiculous.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »

...and the comments on the video make me weep at the lack of education today.  Sad
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 01:53:48 PM »

...and the comments on the video make me weep at the lack of education today.  Sad
Paul, that is the world today. My science class in 7th grade only had like 5% of people make grades that are A's and B's on tests.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 01:56:21 PM »

Bottom line:
You cannot get more energy out of a system than you put into it.

Period.

If you think you have then you are overlooking something.
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 02:36:07 PM »

This video will explain it all, and this is video is barely over two years old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FxJkQ3mJ3I

If it's two years old, I think it's a little late with changing the world.

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 01:39:32 PM »

Wow. The magnets my family has on the fridge is better than that. We just set it like a spinning top, and spin it. Will it stop? Who knows..... xD
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 06:54:06 PM »

Even though we already use magnets to generate power today. Something spinning because of magnets isn't going to revolutionize the planet.

Edit: Thermo plants around the world on highly active volcanic spots. Those are the things that harness energy of the sun and the magnetic core.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 08:47:16 PM »

Even though we already use magnets to generate power today. Something spinning because of magnets isn't going to revolutionize the planet.

And I would like to be very clear here... it wasn't spinning because of magnets.  It was spinning because he was moving his arm.  Whether you use magnets or strings or whatever, it's the motion of the arm that was spinning the bottom piece.

Edit: Thermo plants around the world on highly active volcanic spots. Those are the things that harness energy of the sun and the magnetic core.

Well, technically the core of the planet is hot because the core of the planet is hot.  It will cool down someday... just very slowly. Smiley  The fact that our core is magnetic really has nothing to do with it and the sun marginally slows the process down.  The core is hot because it hasn't cooled down yet, basically.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 08:54:01 PM »

Here's an experiment that some of you might be able to do.  It may also work as a thought experiment if you have enough real-world experience.

First, find a lazy susan or other suitably large-ish turn table.  (When I was a kid we had record players. Smiley)

Make sure there is nothing on it and that it spins freely.

Now take the tip of your finger and rub it in little circles in the middle.  You might have to start a bit out from the center but you can move in almost to the very center.  With hardly any movement of your finger you will have that turn table spinning pretty fast.  "OMG, We created energy!!!"

Now, bonus points if you have some motorized car or if you are really lucky a wheel mounted to an electric motor.  Anything that rolls with any resistance will work but an electric motor would at least let you see power getting generated... maybe.

If you touch the wheel to the edge of the turn table you will spin the wheel.  You will also find that for anything able to generate electricity that your finger will find it nearly impossible to move the turn table from the center like you were.  Now you have to move out and put real muscle into it.

You can no more get free energy from a closed system than I can get endless free water from a closed bottle of water.  You only get out what was put in + what was already there... and generally at a huge loss of efficiency.  (huge)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 05:37:56 AM »

Lol science, such a tricky bastard to some.

Off topic but still on topic if science, basically I'm lazy and don't feel like using Google, but was the "god particle" experiment at cern ever discovered?
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 06:45:30 AM »

Lol science, such a tricky bastard to some.

Off topic but still on topic if science, basically I'm lazy and don't feel like using Google, but was the "god particle" experiment at cern ever discovered?
never heard of it, but I found this article ( March 14, 2013 ): http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/14/174287416/god-particle-update-scientists-think-theyve-pinned-down-the-higgs-boson

and then from CBS News ( March 14, 2013 ): http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57574247/scientists-say-theyve-found-a-god-particle/
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 12:30:50 AM »

Morgan Freeman found it. (If nobody gets this joke, I swear~)

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 06:35:10 AM »

Evan Almighty?
Or whatever movie it is where Morgan Freeman plays God. Correct?
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »

Evan Almighty?
Or whatever movie it is where Morgan Freeman plays God. Correct?

*Bruce.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: