Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 01:20:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Now for the tweaking...  (Read 31547 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 07:03:04 AM »

That looks amazing! (PS: Great collage Grin)

Thanks...

And the video to go with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQLccF24w-c

Youtube always makes these so dark from my perspective but I can't properly show off the lighting/fire without walking around in dark places.  Undecided
That is just amazing, that flow of the fire is so nice and clean. Its just so hysterical how amazing that you can get these things done.

Oh, and dear Donators, you rock the awesome sauce Smiley
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2013, 07:38:31 AM »

These new flames definitely make it look more dramatic. How far out does the light from flames propagate? Is it shorter than magic lights?
It just seems a bit short to me.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »

These new flames definitely make it look more dramatic. How far out does the light from flames propagate? Is it shorter than magic lights?

I should just stop uploading lighting videos to youtube.  No matter how many times I say that youtube makes them a bunch darker... no one notices I say that. Smiley  Or they don't believe how bad it is.

The flames propagate out slightly farther than the old flames did... which was always shorter than the magic lights which are really bright in comparison.  The picture is a better indicator than the video... and I'll be posting a release to Friends of Mythruna soon for others to try.  Then proper criticism can be leveled. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 01:14:33 PM »

I love how I have to pay you to become a friend. Where's my VISA? Found it. Oops no money Undecided
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2013, 06:46:07 PM »

I should just stop uploading lighting videos to youtube.  No matter how many times I say that youtube makes them a bunch darker... no one notices I say that. Smiley  Or they don't believe how bad it is.

The flames propagate out slightly farther than the old flames did... which was always shorter than the magic lights which are really bright in comparison.  The picture is a better indicator than the video... and I'll be posting a release to Friends of Mythruna soon for others to try.  Then proper criticism can be leveled. Smiley
Haters are going to hate

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »

Very well.
I was trying to mentally compensate for YouTube, but it's difficult...
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »

Very well.
I was trying to mentally compensate for YouTube, but it's difficult...

It is.  I even tried using youtube's built in enhancement stuff but it didn't help.  Next time I make a video, I will see if there is something I can do on the creation side as this has been the worst case yet.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »

cool green flame

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 06:23:09 PM »

I figured out a better source format for my videos that youtube seems to like better.  The colors get a little washed out but at least the brightness is much better.  I uploaded a new one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lELy_e86iUo&feature=youtu.be

Also, because that video didn't stay in one place very long, I created another video... just a stationary camera watching a single log fire for 60 seconds.  I think it better shows the character of the flames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KhqPKHo728&feature=youtu.be
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »

The perfect flame for an rpg ambient feel. U can really feel it in that second video.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 11:30:55 PM »

I noticed the second video has an animation of breeze in it Shocked
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2013, 11:37:25 PM »

Yep... so did the first link.  At least I'm 90% sure it did.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2013, 11:38:28 PM »

It might have, you just didn't get to stare at a flame long enough to notice much.
Are the flames your special algorithms to add wind animations or did you just make some more sprites/models for the fire to do that wind animation?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 11:52:57 PM »

It might have, you just didn't get to stare at a flame long enough to notice much.
Are the flames your special algorithms to add wind animations or did you just make some more sprites/models for the fire to do that wind animation?

It uses the same wind as the grass and the old flames did... (and now the leaves do).

I plan to improve that soon, though.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »

Ah, I know what would give that fire a final touch: Smoke.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: