Mythruna
April 23, 2024, 01:47:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Access a .jar with Groovy?  (Read 6300 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:42:04 PM »

Hey Paul, I was looking back around the forums and saw a post about making a groovy-shell to program a mod in Java. I have done some searches up on google about how to do this, but I have not found a method at all.. I was going to ask you to spare a little bit of your time to give me an example of how this would be processed, but if it isn't worth it (since the new API is coming soon), please tell me at least that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:28:42 PM by Shzylo » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:11:08 PM »

I'm not sure I understand the question.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:54:04 AM »

Sorry, I wrote that post when I was tired, and that I only had 3 hours of sleep..

I remember a previous talk about doing this, the talk was also included a tiny bit in nh_99's Battle Mod, that you can program a Mythruna mod in Java, but first you need to make a shell in groovy to program the rest in java..
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 12:24:03 PM »

Ok.  "Groovy shell" means something specific to me that has nothing to do with what you are asking... so I'm glad I didn't respond before. Smiley

Groovy can call Java code.  So you can use any Java class you want from the groovy scripts that Mythruna uses.  I think you just have to package up the Java .classes in a .jar that you put in a lib subdirectory or something under where the scripts run.  You might just be able to put the .jar in the same directory as the scripts, I can't remember.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »

any example on this? google isn't my friend right now.. Sad
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »

I'd have to research and create an example and I don't have time for that right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: