Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 10:34:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer issues...  (Read 34055 times)
Stickman Sham

"I did it! I took the boots!"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »

If the fans are getting power from the motherboard and they are still spinning then that means the motherboard is still receiving and distributing power. Does the hard drive spin? Are there beep codes?

When I turn on the computer, I hear noises coming from the area around the hard drive disc, unconfirmed if its the hard drive, other things in the area, or both. The only kind of beeping I can distinguish is some kind if beep/click noise that happens about 4 times, maybe 3. I can't tell if the hard drive spins, but I hear noise from it

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2013, 05:43:34 PM »

If the fans are getting power from the motherboard and they are still spinning then that means the motherboard is still receiving and distributing power. Does the hard drive spin? Are there beep codes?

When I turn on the computer, I hear noises coming from the area around the hard drive disc, unconfirmed if its the hard drive, other things in the area, or both. The only kind of beeping I can distinguish is some kind if beep/click noise that happens about 4 times, maybe 3. I can't tell if the hard drive spins, but I hear noise from it
I think it is safe to say the hard drives are spinning. Now is the beeping noise coming from the small internal speaker that is connected to the motherboard or is it coming from somewhere else?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2013, 06:08:11 PM »

I believe that it is coming from the hard drive area, not directly on the motherboard if i'm correct. The beeping produces a tone that isn't like most beeps though.

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »

I believe that it is coming from the hard drive area, not directly on the motherboard if i'm correct. The beeping produces a tone that isn't like most beeps though.
Odd, I'm at a loss then.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »

I could be wrong, maybe its coming from the motherboard, idk. I should be fine though, im probably going to be getting a motherboard from a friend.

theamericono

AMERICA

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2013, 02:34:58 PM »

Ok, so I am confused. There are 3 cords from the power supply unplugged and I need them plugged in, but can't find their ports. My old power supply had the same amount of plug-ins, so I'm guessing I have the ports but cant find them. I need help for that, and I would upload a pic but I cannot off of my phone. One of the cords that I cannot plugin is hanging inbetween two other cords, and it has 4 circles inside its plug. The second one is a really small cord that looks like its a 4 pin. The last one is a pretty slim and wide cord. I cannot find where they go. Any help?

Edit: The computer from this point turns on, but turns off after like, 30> seconds/after I turn on the monitor.
Also, I still have my old CPU fan, so I guess I wont be needing thermal grease because I'll put the fan on the new motherboard over the CPU.

The first is probably a 4 pin power connector, the second is probably a fan connector although I haven't seen one built into a power supply before, and the third is probably a molex connector. They all don't need to be plugged in for the system to work. In my server PC I have too many different connectors not being used for me to count so consider yourself lucky if you only have 3 Tongue.
i have alot to but it nice if ur going to upgrade later
theamericono

AMERICA

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »

just finished my build like 3 -4 days ago and it only toke me like a 2 hour time period everything work nice other than im using a 8 pin connector where a 4 pin is supossed to go should have looked at the power supply more owww well and as for haveing one screw in the mother board is very bad. If there was a different motherboard in there the the old stand off from the old motherboard may have touched on of those pointing thing on the back of the motherboard a fried it. so make sure any unused stand off are take out before installing the new motherboard otherwise u might fry the newwer one. and if u cant spare the 20 buck for a new case then u have more than just computer problem.

ill try to get my computer video up tommorow
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:22:51 PM by theamericono » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »

just finished my build like 3 -4 days ago and it only toke me like a 2 hour time period everything work nice other than im using a 8 pin connector where a 4 pin is supossed to go should have looked at the power supply more owww well and as for haveing one screw in the mother board is very bad. If there was a different motherboard in there the the old stand off from the old motherboard may have touched on of those pointing thing on the back of the motherboard a fried it. so make sure any unused stand off are take out before installing the new motherboard otherwise u might fry the newwer one. and if u cant spare the 20 buck for a new case then u have more than just computer problem.

Glad you got your new system up and running.  Congrats.
theamericono

AMERICA

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2013, 07:01:15 AM »

ya im happy with it , i can get about 200 fps in minecraft wowow
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2013, 07:02:24 PM »

ya im happy with it , i can get about 200 fps in minecraft wowow
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/940974-162sonic-ethers-unbelievable-shaders-and-glsl-shaders-mod/

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
theamericono

AMERICA

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2013, 05:19:04 AM »

yestorday i saw my first 300 fps and over damn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: