Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 04:00:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game keeps on crashing when trying to login.  (Read 9793 times)
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2013, 03:06:10 AM »

As the title suggests, my game keeps on crashing.
I managed to get in for about 30 seconds or so the other day, but I usually don't even get in at all.
I attached the latest error logs.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 03:34:46 AM »

Sorry you are having problems and thanks for providing the logs.

This is a very strange error but it indicates something is odd on your end.  The client is trying to send UDP messages but is somehow failing.  The server is never involved in this particular sort of send so that at least narrows down the problem a bit.  No matter what would be wrong on my server, nothing would prevent you from sending UDP messages since they are connectionless.

So, it could be firewall settings or something else to do with your local network stack.  I'm not sure what could really cause it to be intermittent, though.
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 03:40:53 AM »

This is a very strange error but it indicates something is odd on your end.  The client is trying to send UDP messages but is somehow failing.  The server is never involved in this particular sort of send so that at least narrows down the problem a bit.  No matter what would be wrong on my server, nothing would prevent you from sending UDP messages since they are connectionless.

So, it could be firewall settings or something else to do with your local network stack.  I'm not sure what could really cause it to be intermittent, though.

Well, my pc is shit and my connection even worse, so that probably has something to do with it Wink
While I already had Mythruna whitelisted in the firewall settings, I'll try it with the whole thing off.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 03:43:49 AM »

If it helps narrow it down... UDP is completely stateless.  So it has to be pretty close to the network layer whatever is causing the error.  Normally, if a UDP message is going to fail then it will just disappear somewhere.  For Java to actually be getting an error means that your OS's network stack isn't even allowing the packet to go further than the API.
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 03:45:06 AM »

Well, my pc is shit and my connection even worse, so that probably has something to do with it Wink
While I already had Mythruna whitelisted in the firewall settings, I'll try it with the whole thing off.

No luck.

Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 03:46:00 AM »

If it helps narrow it down... UDP is completely stateless.  So it has to be pretty close to the network layer whatever is causing the error.  Normally, if a UDP message is going to fail then it will just disappear somewhere.  For Java to actually be getting an error means that your OS's network stack isn't even allowing the packet to go further than the API.

I have no idea what any of that means.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 06:21:44 AM »

I believe that means that it won't even let the packets send.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 06:32:31 AM »

By the way, were you using the same client to try to log in over and over again, or have you tried restarting your client, or even tried resetting your router?
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 06:39:23 AM »

By the way, were you using the same client to try to log in over and over again, or have you tried restarting your client, or even tried resetting your router?

The game crashes all the time, so I'm pretty much forced to restart it. And there's other people in the house using the internet atm, so resetting the router won't make me any friends.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »

For a message to go from a program out to the network, it has to go out through a lot of layers.

The first is the API layer.  That's whatever library the program uses to call send(myPacket).  Next would be each layer of the operating system's network stack finally ending in the network driver for the LAN card.

UDP messages... the kind that are failing... are connectionless.  The normal failure mode is that they just don't send at all but the application sending them has no idea.  They just disappear.  The fact that you are getting an error message means that the packet is being rejected very early.  It's either in the API/library or in the very top layer of the network stack. 

In other words, it can't be your router (that's outside of your computer) and it can't be your network card even (failure there wouldn't cause an error).  So it has to be at the "getting a connection level", ie: at the OS level.  So firewall settings or some other process randomly grabbing ports or something is causing an issue.
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 03:41:17 AM »

Deleting the client and downloading it again seems to have fixed it.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 06:49:23 AM »

Deleting the client and downloading it again seems to have fixed it.

Glad to know that you got it working.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: