Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 02:19:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I found Jurrasic Park  (Read 33172 times)
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »

Wow that is really cool! I wonder if seeds will be added/considered? Anybody know?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 08:46:58 PM »

Wow that is really cool! I wonder if seeds will be added/considered? Anybody know?

Seeds like "plant seeds"?  Absolutely.  Sooner rather than later probably.

Eventually all trees and plants become defined game entities (even though they will still be world blocks)... there are a few reasons but the biggest one is so that you can chop down trees.  Shortly after that, I will work on growing trees from seeds and saplings.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 11:34:20 PM »

I believe he's talking about WORLD seeds. Like in Minecraft.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 11:47:09 PM »

There already are world seeds.  The default seed is 0.

The stand-alone server lets you set your own seed.  (100 is pretty neat with caves right near spawn.)

Hint: the mythruna.db directory is the same for single player or for a server.  So if you run the server just long enough to create the mythruna.db then you can also use that for your single player games and have a non-zero seed.

Eventually this will be exposed through the UI but I have a special UI I want to build for it... so I haven't done it yet.  Also, I have to add support for playing different worlds from the same client.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 07:40:35 AM »

There already are world seeds.  The default seed is 0.

The stand-alone server lets you set your own seed.  (100 is pretty neat with caves right near spawn.)

Hint: the mythruna.db directory is the same for single player or for a server.  So if you run the server just long enough to create the mythruna.db then you can also use that for your single player games and have a non-zero seed.

Eventually this will be exposed through the UI but I have a special UI I want to build for it... so I haven't done it yet.  Also, I have to add support for playing different worlds from the same client.

HA! Good to know. That is what I meant by 'seed'. Thanks much!
SheepKing
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 07:48:43 PM »

really nice Tongue
Deathwingoo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 03:30:16 AM »

This jurasic island got me thinking , u should add an paulosaurus. Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 09:06:59 AM »

This jurasic island got me thinking , u should add an paulosaurus. Cheesy

Heheh.
Deathwingoo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 04:30:54 AM »

btw i woud like to ask if u can add wooden and rock slopes that are missing and laso instead of having slopes that face north east west and south add also those that face south-west south-east north-west and north-east Smiley?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 08:34:24 AM »

btw i woud like to ask if u can add wooden and rock slopes that are missing and laso instead of having slopes that face north east west and south add also those that face south-west south-east north-west and north-east Smiley?

Many of the materials already have slopes that face south-west, south-east, etc..

I give blocks slopes where it makes sense to do so.  This is why mortared rock has more slopes than rock... because for rock most slopes would fall apart in "real life".

And sometimes it's just because I haven't gotten to it yet.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »

how about a rough step made of rock just like a jagered slab :p

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Deathwingoo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 08:54:42 AM »

Many of the materials already have slopes that face south-west, south-east, etc..

I give blocks slopes where it makes sense to do so.  This is why mortared rock has more slopes than rock... because for rock most slopes would fall apart in "real life".

If u mean the corner slopes it doesnt work when u making round tower since i want to put the roof infront of windows like protection
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »

how about a rough step made of rock just like a jagered slab :p

The stacked rock material may get a slab someday.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 08:56:27 AM »

If u mean the corner slopes it doesnt work when u making round tower since i want to put the roof infront of windows like protection

Blocks mostly have to stay within their cubes.... but especially the solid material ones.
Deathwingoo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »

I just want to ask u question i found the text document that containts map seeds i put random number like 49 and i still get same map.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: