Mythruna
April 18, 2024, 05:08:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to configure Mythruna in Eclipse  (Read 4002 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »

How to Configure Mythruna in Eclipse

In this tutorial, I will teach you how to configure Mythruna into Eclipse to make mods.

1.) Download Eclipse: I recommend the Indigo release, it is lightweight and isn't that out-dated. It contains plenty of features, and people with not as great computers will get lag with the newest releases, such as Juno and Kepler (I should know). Download it HERE, it will be the second item in the list, and the download will be on the side:

After you have done that, extract it in your desired location, and open it. It will ask you for your workspace, you can have that anywhere you want, you just have to set it.

2.) Download either the latest client or the server version of Mythruna, I prefer the client since it contains more files to go about with. Go into the /lib directory of that downloaded folder and copy all of the .jar files, and make a new folder in your workspace called "jars" or something, and paste those jars into that folder. This is not required, just recommended just in case you ever move your Mythruna directory that your files won't mess up.

3.) Open eclipse, and make a new project by going to File -> New Project -> New Java Project. Name it what you want, I will call it "Testing". Switch the compiler to JavaSE-1.6, considering if you release the plugin that people with java 6 will be able to run it. Click Finish, and the project will be created:

4.) Open up your file navigator, right click on your project folder, and select properties. From there, click the "Java Build Path" tab on the left-hand side, then in that window click the "Libraries Tab":

5.) Click on "Add External Jars.." and locate where you have your jar files. in that folder select all of the files and hit "open". After that, your Libraries tab should contain all of those jars in the list, then hit OK.

There you go! You have just configured Mythruna in Eclipse!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: