Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 06:33:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: A human npc named Fred.  (Read 66457 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2013, 02:17:34 AM »

Chapter. 6

Fred being a lumberjack was given the assignment of gathering wood for the soon to be built battlements of the town. After delivering a shipment of wood around noon three days after the meeting Fred decided to see what Koko was doing at her training exercises. Recently the simian leader of the village had enlisted the help of a human npc named Carn to teach some of the villagers the proper one handed sword stances. When Fred arived to where Koko was training he saw her practicing her resting stances albeit a bit clumsily.

"Hi, how are you doing?" Fred asked.

"Ok, practicing to kill some evil elves," Koko replied.

"What will you do when the war is over?" Fred asked.

"Start a furniture shop probably," Koko answered.

After saying fair well to Koko Fred made his way home. On his way home he was stopped by an avian he had never seen before.

"If your going to defend this village you will need to learn how to fight," said the avian stranger.

"I'm more needed as a lumberjack ad Carn says he has no more room in his class for any new students," replied Fred.

"Then i'll show you how to duel wield axes," said the avian taking out two axes.

After showing Fred the stances he said, "Practice those and if you need to you will be able to protect this village." After saying this he handed Fred an axe.

"Before you go what is your name?" Fred asked.

"TheAmericono," he said leaving.

Again little did Fred know that this mysterious avian was also a player an extra dimensional being. And with that Fred practice for the conflicts the not too distant future held.
nice but i think it would be more sutable for a big warrior to tech him the ways of dual axes rather than a small bird
i never said you were a small avian  Tongue

Well, there aren't really any big avians.  5 ft is probably average to tall. 

...and it would be _extremely_ rare to find one that would wield dual axes... and I guarantee that it's because he can't fly anymore.  May not even have wings.  (Who knows what crazy things a grounded avian will do to survive.)

A flight-capable avian will generally wear light leather armor (if any armor at all) and wield short bows or slings, and maybe a dagger or short sword (no more than 2 feet long or so).  Probably not all at the same time.  It's all about the weight.  Light leather armor for an avian bowman (since he will make a stationary target while aiming).  Probably no armor for a sword-wielding warrior who might choose a small leather buckler and helmet instead.

Dual-wielding would be _extremely_ rare since it limits what they can carry and fight/flight.  Obviously player-characters can do what they want within the weight limits but I suspect a player-avian will already be managing weight pretty carefully just so that they can carry anything in their backpack and still fly.

That's the downside to flight capability... weight is your constant enemy.

(It would be cool to have 'weight gain' from eating too much... then I could make avians have to watch what they eat, too. Smiley)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2013, 07:22:32 AM »

do it Paul, make them fat..
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »

Chapter. 6

Fred being a lumberjack was given the assignment of gathering wood for the soon to be built battlements of the town. After delivering a shipment of wood around noon three days after the meeting Fred decided to see what Koko was doing at her training exercises. Recently the simian leader of the village had enlisted the help of a human npc named Carn to teach some of the villagers the proper one handed sword stances. When Fred arived to where Koko was training he saw her practicing her resting stances albeit a bit clumsily.

"Hi, how are you doing?" Fred asked.

"Ok, practicing to kill some evil elves," Koko replied.

"What will you do when the war is over?" Fred asked.

"Start a furniture shop probably," Koko answered.

After saying fair well to Koko Fred made his way home. On his way home he was stopped by an avian he had never seen before.

"If your going to defend this village you will need to learn how to fight," said the avian stranger.

"I'm more needed as a lumberjack ad Carn says he has no more room in his class for any new students," replied Fred.

"Then i'll show you how to duel wield axes," said the avian taking out two axes.

After showing Fred the stances he said, "Practice those and if you need to you will be able to protect this village." After saying this he handed Fred an axe.

"Before you go what is your name?" Fred asked.

"TheAmericono," he said leaving.

Again little did Fred know that this mysterious avian was also a player an extra dimensional being. And with that Fred practice for the conflicts the not too distant future held.
nice but i think it would be more sutable for a big warrior to tech him the ways of dual axes rather than a small bird
i never said you were a small avian  Tongue

Well, there aren't really any big avians.  5 ft is probably average to tall. 

...and it would be _extremely_ rare to find one that would wield dual axes... and I guarantee that it's because he can't fly anymore.  May not even have wings.  (Who knows what crazy things a grounded avian will do to survive.)

A flight-capable avian will generally wear light leather armor (if any armor at all) and wield short bows or slings, and maybe a dagger or short sword (no more than 2 feet long or so).  Probably not all at the same time.  It's all about the weight.  Light leather armor for an avian bowman (since he will make a stationary target while aiming).  Probably no armor for a sword-wielding warrior who might choose a small leather buckler and helmet instead.

Dual-wielding would be _extremely_ rare since it limits what they can carry and fight/flight.  Obviously player-characters can do what they want within the weight limits but I suspect a player-avian will already be managing weight pretty carefully just so that they can carry anything in their backpack and still fly.

That's the downside to flight capability... weight is your constant enemy.

(It would be cool to have 'weight gain' from eating too much... then I could make avians have to watch what they eat, too. Smiley)
this is an extra dimensional player avian we don't have to follow npc rules paul we can be as crazy as we want Tongue

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2013, 05:43:34 PM »

this is an extra dimensional player avian we don't have to follow npc rules paul we can be as crazy as we want Tongue

Yes, but you will still have to deal with the reality that if you want to fly then you can only carry so much weight... and two axes probably puts you over.
theamericono

AMERICA

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2013, 06:05:29 PM »

lol what a convo
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2013, 09:21:53 PM »

Yea, it would be dangerous to carry too much since birds have hollow bones.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
theamericono

AMERICA

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2013, 06:11:47 AM »

ya so when do the chapter usaly come out
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »

ya so when do the chapter usaly come out
they are usually delayed by either me being lazy or thinking up more plot line for next chapter
i got idea for next chapters plot already thought out but i busy today and it takes time for me to agree with my self on the exact details on what i wanna put in a chapter
don't worry i think ill have the next one up by tomorrow

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »

Chapter. 7

A few days had passed since Fred had met the mysterious avian who taught him duel axe wielding. He had found time to practice the stances for it on his down time when he wasn't chopping wood, eating food, or sleeping. While he was practicing that day a screaming human npc came through the village crying, "Pantherians are attacking!"

After hearing this he rushed to the battlements along with all the other villagers trained in combat. Fed decided to wait for the battlements to fall because he had a moderate fear factor or combat. While he was doing this some of the other villagers climbed the battlements in order to stop the pantherians from climbing over. After ten minutes of waiting the pantherians were over.

Fred was was able to surprise attack one of the pantherians coming down the battlements and used is combat stances to combo him to death. All around him now the sword and spear wielding pantherian soldiers were battling the sword wielding villagers. Suddenly Fred was lunged at by a pantherian wielding a spear. He was almost able to doge and the spear nicked him not doing enough damage to kill him. Then Koko came up behind the pantherian and comboed him the death using her sword stances. After that Fred attacked another pantherian who had just comboed an avian village to death while making a comment on how he was gonna barbeque him up later. Fred comboed the avian hungry Pantherian to death. After that he went head to head against an already injured pantherian just killing him just in time before the pantherian landed the blow that would have killed him.

Fred looked around the battle was over and their simian leader was still alive. They had lost half their troops but they had won. They now had to deal with the burden of recovering from the aftermath. 

Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »

This story is a whole new kind of special, I feel.

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »

Dang. Tough fight.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
theamericono

AMERICA

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »

its the mythruna story this should go on the home page lol just a thought
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »

what do you mean?

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2013, 08:45:31 PM »

what do you mean?
He means this story should go onto the actual Mythruna website (make it an official story).
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2013, 08:55:55 PM »

what do you mean?
He means this story should go onto the actual Mythruna website (make it an official story).
compared to the stories paul posted in the character stories thread is i make it more evident in the tone that it is a game and how elements in the game like npc motives and skills factor into it

also i am flattered you think it is that good i originally made this thread as a unique way to express my understanding about how npc will think

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: