Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 12:24:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HexaDecimal OS  (Read 9189 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2013, 11:50:34 AM »

An epic operating system, check it out Wink

HexaDecimal OS Promo - YouTube

NOTE: It is programmed in Visual Basic.NET  Shocked
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »

It's not really an OS yet. It's dependent on Windows to run since it's just an overlay.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »

It's not really an OS yet. It's dependent on Windows to run since it's just an overlay.
But it is still a system that operates
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 03:08:40 PM »

But it is still a system that operates
You can't argue that logic.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »

In Linux we call things like these Desktop Environments. This one doesn't look too bad considering it is a front end for Windows. It looks very similar to the GNOME 3.x DE.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »

In Linux we call things like these Desktop Environments. This one doesn't look too bad considering it is a front end for Windows. It looks very similar to the GNOME 3.x DE.
When I first saw it, considering it is in VB (all work I have seen in VB is somewhat laggy all over the interweb) I fell in love with it because it was slick, fast, and just nice looking. I only don't like the part in which it is like a tablet or phone, with the appstore and what not.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 07:56:02 PM »

When I first saw it, considering it is in VB (all work I have seen in VB is somewhat laggy all over the interweb) I fell in love with it because it was slick, fast, and just nice looking. I only don't like the part in which it is like a tablet or phone, with the appstore and what not.

The video looks pretty seriously sped up to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: