Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 11:48:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Characters?  (Read 5636 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2013, 06:29:10 PM »

once mythruna's in alpha or beta will players be restricted to the first race they pick bootstrap skills and name forever or will they be able to create and delete characters and have multiple characters?

p.s. earlier i talked about changing my character name i think i forgot to clarify that i meant my CHARACTER name not my USERNAME (personally i don't like my current character name on muiltiplayer) please let me change it Paul eventually 

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 10:18:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure there would be an enormous amount of complaints in the future if you couldn't have more than one character.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »

The reason that player and character are separate is so that you might have more than one character.  It will be up to server operators how many they will let you have.

Single player worlds you can play with as many characters as you want.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 10:48:18 PM »

Question about multiple characters:

Let's say you're in single player. If you can have multiple players, would you be able to log out of the session, and log into the same session with a different character just to use their perks momentarily? Or would they be basically another entity at another location as the other character?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 01:20:58 AM »

Let's say you're in single player. If you can have multiple players, would you be able to log out of the session, and log into the same session with a different character just to use their perks momentarily? Or would they be basically another entity at another location as the other character?

Each character spawns at the spawn location for the world.  If character 1 is 1000 miles from spawn then character 2 would have to walk 1000 miles to join them.

The point is to be able to play the same world with multiple character types... not to quickly cheat past some area.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »

Each character spawns at the spawn location for the world.  If character 1 is 1000 miles from spawn then character 2 would have to walk 1000 miles to join them.

The point is to be able to play the same world with multiple character types... not to quickly cheat past some area.
lol  Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: