Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 01:41:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats with all this 'update' talk?  (Read 5016 times)
Random97

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2013, 03:51:23 PM »

So I just got my new computer and downloaded the game. The frame rate is great, keep up the great work, but it's the same as the original! no new backpack or tools! I thought I saw talk about different species, and none! help me out paul! Oh, and uh, try to fix the backflip you can do by moving the mouse backward too much. I was completely inverted for like 3 minutes. Just add in a 3-D compass to the game can register when the mouse is facing 90 degrees and make the player turn around instead of making her go upside down. Wink game is great though!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:36:29 PM by Random97 » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 05:34:19 PM »

I've been working on a new version of the game for about a year and a half but it is not ready to release.  Occasionally I put out a test release for donators but even that has been a while.

It doesn't have all of the stuff the currently available release does.  Still lots to do. 

My wife's brain cancer kind of threw a monkey wrench into any sort of calendar I had planned.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 06:51:11 PM »

Paul you should release it as a development build, have some game modders throw in some code for you to help you out. And if they need help, they should ask other modders who had figured it out Wink. Although, you did say that you have an easier API than the previous one, and if anyone has experience they will be able to figure it out well. Also, since I have used the previous API.. yeah....

Wait, let's take a step back, have you even re-implemented a working modification ability?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 06:58:25 PM »

It's way too buggy and incomplete for a release.  Modders cannot really help me with any of the critical parts anyway as they cannot "implement a whole AI system" or "add networking" or "implement proper creature support".  At least not so as I can use it.

What you are really asking me to do is spend 100% of my free time supporting an engine that isn't ready to be supported.  I'd rather keep working on it and making it ready.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »

It was worth a try. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: