Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 05:36:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014-01-14 Status...  (Read 14588 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:48:21 PM »

Well, there's not much to say since the last status.

The latter half of last week, my wife was out of town to visit doctors and so I was taking care of the family.  With the ice here we had some school delays among the normal shuttling around.  The news from the doctors was not great... saw some new tumor growth in a different place and are trying a different chemo drug now.  We're hopeful it will do the trick but it's been taking a bit of a toll so far.

At any rate, creative endeavors weren't high on my to-do list.  On Friday night, I downloaded a free PSN+ game on the PS4 called "Don't Starve" and have been alternate-playing that with my son most of the weekend.  It's fun and addictive though it has started to feel like work now.  There is a lot of depth if you want to check it out and like many survival-horror style games, it's pretty brutal to newbs.

On the other side of it, my son "hounds" me nearly constantly with ideas for Mythruna... so no matter what I think there is no getting out of finishing this game.  Smiley  Not that I'm thinking of quitting or anything.  I saw the Dwarf Fortress guy interviewed and he said he would be working on that game for the rest of his life, he guessed.  My son now wants to be a game designer, at this point maybe Mythruna will be a "generational game" and I can just hand over the reins when I'm too old to type anymore. Smiley

I hope to have time again this week for creativity.  My weekend is pretty booked, though, so I don't know how much I'll get done before the next weekly status.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:17 PM »

Thanks for the update anyway, Paul. I'll be praying for your wife.
MadJack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:21:14 AM »

Damn you Life and your curve balls! *waves fist*

Hang tight guys, you'll get through with it!

As far as the son taking over, hopefully he won't need repeating multiple times in 12 different ways how to do stuff. Wink And as far as getting old, you could always dictate him what to write, although I'm sure some argument might erupt. "Dad! We're in 2052 now, threading is done on the CPU!"

Keep it up! Cheesy
InShadow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 12:30:36 AM »

Sad to hear that of your wife. Hope she gets better!

About "Don't starve", I also bought it and I think it's a great game. At least from the start, there is so much new stuff that really keeps you hooked. Later when you master everything, you really start to miss the multiplayer. Still a great game though.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 11:43:37 AM »

Thanks, guys.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »

Haha, it's so cool to see people taking an interest in their parent's work. Best of luck from me.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »

I'll pray for your wife's situation to get indefinitely better.. as in no more of this tumor stuffs..

Otherwise, just take your time, Paul, and make sure your son has enough practice before allowing him to touch a line of code in Mythruna. Wink
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »

I'll pray for your wife's situation to get indefinitely better.. as in no more of this tumor stuffs..

Otherwise, just take your time, Paul, and make sure your son has enough practice before allowing him to touch a line of code in Mythruna. Wink

He's going to have to start by writing mods like everyone else. Wink
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »

FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 06:35:53 PM »

haha i found that last part funny Tongue

but yeah hope everythings good paul and keep working hard and hope shes alright [:

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 04:02:58 PM »

Well, there's not much to say since the last status.

The latter half of last week, my wife was out of town to visit doctors and so I was taking care of the family.  With the ice here we had some school delays among the normal shuttling around.  The news from the doctors was not great... saw some new tumor growth in a different place and are trying a different chemo drug now.  We're hopeful it will do the trick but it's been taking a bit of a toll so far.

At any rate, creative endeavors weren't high on my to-do list.  On Friday night, I downloaded a free PSN+ game on the PS4 called "Don't Starve" and have been alternate-playing that with my son most of the weekend.  It's fun and addictive though it has started to feel like work now.  There is a lot of depth if you want to check it out and like many survival-horror style games, it's pretty brutal to newbs.

On the other side of it, my son "hounds" me nearly constantly with ideas for Mythruna... so no matter what I think there is no getting out of finishing this game.  Smiley  Not that I'm thinking of quitting or anything.  I saw the Dwarf Fortress guy interviewed and he said he would be working on that game for the rest of his life, he guessed.  My son now wants to be a game designer, at this point maybe Mythruna will be a "generational game" and I can just hand over the reins when I'm too old to type anymore. Smiley

I hope to have time again this week for creativity.  My weekend is pretty booked, though, so I don't know how much I'll get done before the next weekly status.
i have don't starve too here's a tip you need to die to unlock most the characters in the game (lol obvious tip)

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 07:01:46 PM »

i have don't starve too here's a tip you need to die to unlock most the characters in the game (lol obvious tip)

Dying is not a problem in that game at all.  If you don't die frequently at first then you have a world that is too easy. Smiley

I still like the main guy the best.  High sanity and a little built in winter-protection if you don't shave your beard.

The biggest tip I can give because it took me too long to figure out: make a heating stone.  In fact, make at least two.  Oh, and make multiple mini camps.  One near a touch stone (if you find one) and one in the middle of a thriving beefalo biome.
Zadkiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 08:51:32 AM »

Just got the download yesterday, anxious to get started in some testing.

I am truly sorry to hear about your wife, she and your family will be in my daily prayers.

Nice to see a dev communicating with the players like you have. I spent a lot of time reading the forums. I think the game has some real potential.

Good luck!!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »

I am truly sorry to hear about your wife, she and your family will be in my daily prayers.

Nice to see a dev communicating with the players like you have. I spent a lot of time reading the forums. I think the game has some real potential.

Good luck!!

Thanks!  Welcome to the forum.
Zadkiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »

Good luck!!

Thanks!  Welcome to the forum.

Thank you!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: