Mythruna
April 18, 2024, 08:30:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Java  (Read 6109 times)
Stickman Sham

"I did it! I took the boots!"

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »

I finally got the graphics card bit working all now, and fallout 3 runs great. I am just confused as of to why Java fails to install, and the infamous "The wizard failed to install" message comes up. I have looked up the problem, but my case is different: There is an "installed" java folder but yet *it doesn't come up in a list of installed programs. Because of this, I am forced to delete the folder and start over, and the same thing happens. Minecraft/mythruna is dependent on java.

I hope this is the last time I need to ask for help, so can anyone?

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 08:21:16 PM »

Did you download the latest 32 bit Java 7 package from Oracles website?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:14:17 PM »

Is your OS 64 bit or 32 bit and did you pick the proper Java for that bitness?
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »

Yeah, I chose 32bit (its 32bit vista) and also downloaded it from Oracle once, and also tried offline installer

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 07:33:56 PM »

Yeah, I chose 32bit (its 32bit vista) and also downloaded it from Oracle once, and also tried offline installer
You got the JRE, right? Not the JDK?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 04:38:28 PM »

Yeah, the JRE

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 06:16:36 PM »

Man, I really wish I could help you but I'm at a loss.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: