Mythruna
April 18, 2024, 11:21:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How to take screenshots?  (Read 12330 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2014, 07:23:17 PM »

Title says it all.  Theres a whole section in the forums about taking screenshots but doesn't specify how to do it and the youtube tutorial doesn't explain it either.  How do I take ingame snapshots or screenshots or whatever?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »

Title says it all.  Theres a whole section in the forums about taking screenshots but doesn't specify how to do it and the youtube tutorial doesn't explain it either.  How do I take ingame snapshots or screenshots or whatever?

Press F2 in game to take a screen shot.

If you press F1 it will open the in-game help which also lists the hot keys.  Another good hot key to know is F3 which clears the HUD away.  Good for taking "clean" screen shots.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 08:04:03 PM »

If you press F1 it will open the in-game help which also lists the hot keys.  Another good hot key to know is F3 which clears the HUD away.  Good for taking "clean" screen shots.

does pressing it again bring it back or is there another button for that?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:50:09 PM »

Yes, it's a toggle.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 12:40:25 AM »

Yes, it's a toggle.

then my related question would be how do I find said screenshots? I looked in all the mythruna folders and stuff and cant find anything that says screenshots or even looks like an image attachment.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 03:03:28 AM »

then my related question would be how do I find said screenshots? I looked in all the mythruna folders and stuff and cant find anything that says screenshots or even looks like an image attachment.

When you press F2 (without the HUD removed) it will tell you what the image name was.  Mythruna124125153.png or something like that.

These can be found in the same directory where the Mythruna.exe was run.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 07:22:33 AM »

When you press F2 (without the HUD removed) it will tell you what the image name was.  Mythruna124125153.png or something like that.

It does give a number every time I make a screenshot but I do not see it appearing in the mythruna folder or any subfolders. where should it be?
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »

My path to my Mythruna folder for say is: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Mythruna
I took a snapshot, and I found a .png file in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Mythruna\Mythruna1393085303030.png

It should be in the exact same folder, as what pspeed said, where Mythruna's executable file was ran.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 09:24:46 AM »

It does give a number every time I make a screenshot but I do not see it appearing in the mythruna folder or any subfolders. where should it be?

Where did you  unzip Mythruna?  Where is the Mythruna.exe file located?
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »

In two different places apparently.  the zipped folder seems to separate itself when it unzips. I still have a zipped folder now as well as an unzipped one.  Anyways, I found the pictures, the issue is they aren't directly sending themselves to either folder. They are sending themselves to the downloads folder where things you download from the internet, go.  Is there anyway to fix this? 
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 06:58:48 PM »

In two different places apparently.  the zipped folder seems to separate itself when it unzips. I still have a zipped folder now as well as an unzipped one.  Anyways, I found the pictures, the issue is they aren't directly sending themselves to either folder. They are sending themselves to the downloads folder where things you download from the internet, go.  Is there anyway to fix this? 

What OS are you running?

It's extremely strange that it defaults to the current working directory being the downloads directory... and frankly it's amazing that the game runs at all given that it needs the current working directory to find its libraries and stuff.

You are running the exe in the unzipped folder and not trying to run it right out of the zip, right?  Only running it in the unzipped folder works.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 07:28:36 AM »

Windows vista and yes out of the unzipped folder and other than the occasional crashes where it gives me an error then closes out of the game, it seems to run fine for the most part. 
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 10:13:27 AM »

Windows vista and yes out of the unzipped folder and other than the occasional crashes where it gives me an error then closes out of the game, it seems to run fine for the most part.  
I just took the screenshots out of my downloads folder and put them in the right folders.  No need to get complicated for a couple pictures I guess. But thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:17:36 AM by fola_mactire » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 01:15:45 PM »

Well, if it's storing the pictures in the wrong place then it's probably also storing the mythruna.db in the wrong place.

Vista is a very strange abomination on so many levels.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 04:53:50 PM »

Well, if it's storing the pictures in the wrong place then it's probably also storing the mythruna.db in the wrong place.

Vista is a very strange abomination on so many levels.
It's so funny how Vista is just completely insulted all the time. (Sorry for being off-topic)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: