Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 01:53:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new user on board  (Read 4737 times)
RE2Master

September 13, 1999 was a bad day to quit smoking

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:41:20 AM »

Hey this is awesome. I have been playing Minecraft recently and it seems ok so I went surfing and Google led me to your site.
 I downloaded, installed, and sampled 5 minutes before deciding this is the game I want to put time into. Would be cool if the demo had a few AI in it to interact with or fight with to keep from feeling totally alone there.
 Also like how you can just walk on your terrain instead of having to jump from level to level, autoclimb is a timesaver. I hope this project keeps going to fruition it could compete with games like Anarchy Online.

P.S. on side note, turned up speakers and listening to ambience to sleep by .. very cool!

This town is infested with killer cockroaches ... repeat .. killer cockroaches !!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:04:53 AM »

Hey this is awesome. I have been playing Minecraft recently and it seems ok so I went surfing and Google led me to your site.
 I downloaded, installed, and sampled 5 minutes before deciding this is the game I want to put time into. Would be cool if the demo had a few AI in it to interact with or fight with to keep from feeling totally alone there.
 Also like how you can just walk on your terrain instead of having to jump from level to level, autoclimb is a timesaver. I hope this project keeps going to fruition it could compete with games like Anarchy Online.

P.S. on side note, turned up speakers and listening to ambience to sleep by .. very cool!

Thanks! 

I spent a lot of time getting the sound "just so" and it's always nice to hear that others appreciate it.  There are some other little details like the fact that it gets quieter when you go inside and so on.  Between that and the fake HDR, if you are digging a deep cave and suddenly break through to daylight, your senses are suddenly assaulted by both bright light and sound. Smiley

Welcome to the forums.

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:35:56 AM »

Welcome! Yea, Paul really captured the sound very well in this. Smiley It's amazing.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 04:50:18 AM »

Welcome to the community, I'm glad you love the game!
RE2Master

September 13, 1999 was a bad day to quit smoking

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 12:04:36 PM »

Thanks for the cool welcome, am glad to be here and will gladly help any way needed. Just downloaded jmonkey to pick it apart and see what it can do.
 One suggestion for an add-on I saw from Minecraft unexpectedly was rain. That would be an awesome addition that can add changes such as thunderstorms, flooding, or acid rain that injures the player forcing seeking shelter or to build it in a hurry. (unless you already have and I was just lucky to not be rained on yet!)
 I have worked on every game engine I found so far from 3drad up to unity and fps creator reloaded and dabbled with ALICE a while back also using angel script.
 As for character modeling and general items I have and use about all the programs for that as well from sketchup pro 8 to 3ds max 2009 and poser 6 as well as all of the outdated and abandon ware engines so modeling is second hand for me, final output format not a problem either.

This town is infested with killer cockroaches ... repeat .. killer cockroaches !!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 09:18:26 PM »

FYI: rain and snow would be part of "Weather/wind" in the high level roadmap:

http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=502.0
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 04:00:36 PM »

Hi! Welcome to the forum.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: