Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 12:01:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Impressive Buildings  (Read 21342 times)
Tamarie

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »

I've come across some amazing construction, especially Baal Garnaal's City and the area south and SW of the Enterprise. I wish those responsible, and many other inventive people, would give us screenshots and videos.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 11:15:42 PM »

I've come across some amazing construction, especially Baal Garnaal's City and the area south and SW of the Enterprise. I wish those responsible, and many other inventive people, would give us screenshots and videos.

Baal hasn't been on in a while.  If you mean his city with the giant harbor, that one is pretty cool.  He also did the roman town SW of the Enterprise a ways.  He created that before property and it got griefed pretty badly before I protected it.  I might have named it "Roman Town".  Baal had nice style.

For reference, my own castle is SE of the Enterprise with the five towers on top of one castle.  I don't remember what I called it... maybe Wizard's keep.  It's at the southern tip of an island.  But I actually have a lot of structures around.  The giant angled bridge, the (non functioning) drawbridge at one end and the little town there are also mine.  The ferris wheel is also mine... when physics works someday then I will make it spin.  I have a couple little thatched cottages around and a few modest houses with giant hidden basements.  If you find one with boats parked on top then that's probably mine. Smiley  Some of that is already featured on the web site.

I don't remember the exact coordinates anymore but there is also planned a new spawn point someday and I have a town of randomly generated buildings there.  I only put the roads and street lights in by hand.  To the east of that, I have a house in someone else's town that I tried to make into a tannery.

There are many cools things if you wander around.

If I remember the new spawn point location then I may post back.
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 12:02:49 AM »

Yes, Wizard's Keep is one of the great buildings south of Enterprise.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:45:22 AM »

FYI: someday the new spawn point will be 1422 x 1181

iggyjeckel town is to the east of there and my tannery is at 2259 x 1126 but there are many cool things in that town, as I recall.  A giant cathedral nearby somewhere, too.
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »

OK, I'll go exploring some more. And that bridge is super! I wonder why people destroy others' creations. And what's with all the random chairs just anywhere?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:59:26 PM »

OK, I'll go exploring some more. And that bridge is super! I wonder why people destroy others' creations. And what's with all the random chairs just anywhere?

Random chairs = people who don't know how to place objects but still manage to find the object placing tool.  The chair is the default so that's what they spam around.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 02:03:50 PM »

Random chairs = people who don't know how to place objects but still manage to find the object placing tool.  The chair is the default so that's what they spam around.
Don't forget about the casual trolls.
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 12:38:03 AM »

Casual trolls?
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 07:01:02 AM »

Casual trolls?
The random people who would go by and destroy people's structures Tongue
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 01:21:13 PM »

Casual trolls?

As opposed to the dedicated trolls, I guess.  We've had a few people that systematically went from place to place randomly removing 100s of blocks from structures while laughing to each other.

I spent a solid month just adding stuff to combat griefers.  The "nerf" command is one of my favorite passive aggressive troll-responses.  I can nerf a player and to them it looks like they can still remove blocks but to everyone else their changes don't apply.  I've had to use it 3 times.  Prior to that, I had to teleport people far far far away.

The world versioning was also added in response to griefers.  Now I can revert portions of the world.  It automatically branches at midnight or I can manually branch at any time.  (Revert lets me go back to a previous branch point for some area.)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 01:23:56 PM »

Ahhh iggy town. Very enjoyable town.... i really need to get back on and finish more things
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 10:01:04 AM »

I should check and see how my lab is doing...

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 03:17:27 AM »

Ahhh iggy town. Very enjoyable town.... i really need to get back on and finish more things

would be good to catch up sometime on there [:

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 03:26:04 PM »

Yeah. Ive been so busy that finding time outside of work and family is tough to find lol
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 04:21:05 PM »

Yeah. Ive been so busy that finding time outside of work and family is tough to find lol

Likewise.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: