Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:59:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I accidentally griefed someone and can't fix it.  (Read 15850 times)
Tamarie

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2014, 01:07:44 AM »

Help! I thought to tidy an underwater tunnel that I thought was lined in water blocks. I just keep adding water blocks and can't get rid of them. It seems that each side of the tunnel is protected, but the tunnel isn't. Maybe that's what makes the walls? I'm sorry I did this. Can I fix it? The part I wrecked is at -300/229.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 01:58:54 AM »

Help! I thought to tidy an underwater tunnel that I thought was lined in water blocks. I just keep adding water blocks and can't get rid of them. It seems that each side of the tunnel is protected, but the tunnel isn't. Maybe that's what makes the walls? I'm sorry I did this. Can I fix it? The part I wrecked is at -300/229.

Just a note: the only way to get rid of water blocks is to place a block there.  I don't have time to login and see what's going right now.  You can see what's protected and what isn't if you switch to property mode... then the borders of properties are highlighted.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 05:31:20 AM »

HINT: If you destroy a block beside water (horizontally) that block will turn into water.
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 04:08:40 PM »

Thanks for replying so quickly. I've replaced water blocks with others, but when I delete those, water returns. Maybe that's because I can't replace water blocks with others one cube beyond the tunnel?
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 04:12:04 PM »

I just checked--the tunnel isn't bounded by property lines, yet it isn't protected but each side is. Boy I'm confused!
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »

So is it a tunnel that somebody made, or is it a 'naturally' generated cave?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »

Thanks for replying so quickly. I've replaced water blocks with others, but when I delete those, water returns. Maybe that's because I can't replace water blocks with others one cube beyond the tunnel?

If you place a block next to a water block and then remove it then the water will come back.  It's an easy rule, if you remove a block next to or below water then a water block is filled in.

If you want to remove water, you have to add blocks back one block farther than you want to remove or it will come back.
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 10:20:08 PM »

Paul,I think that's my problem: I can't remove blocks outside the tunnel.
Sean, it's man-made.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »

Paul,I think that's my problem: I can't remove blocks outside the tunnel.
Sean, it's man-made.
There are problems with land protection, and in that fact don't worry about it. There are parts all over the world with water spammed.
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »

OK, I'll slink away then, so I don't make it worse. Thanks all for the info.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 07:08:34 AM »

OK, I'll slink away then, so I don't make it worse. Thanks all for the info.
NOOOOO! YOU GRIEFED, AND YOU WILL PAY FOR IT! *Tosses cookies at you* DIE!

Yeah, water can be a little difficult near property lines. Because you can't block the water on the side that IS protected, it's literally impossible to fix it. But if you want to make up for what you did, you can easily head to the spawn! There's TONS of griefs there that need fixing!
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 08:44:42 AM »

Speaking of griefing... Paul, someone griefed the Dojo again. I managed to fix the back (Which isn't protected) but someone claimed the bridge on the front... and it looks TERRIBLE. Do you think you could remove that stronghold in front of me, and increase the size of the Dojo? :3
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 10:39:46 AM »

Speaking of griefing... Paul, someone griefed the Dojo again. I managed to fix the back (Which isn't protected) but someone claimed the bridge on the front... and it looks TERRIBLE. Do you think you could remove that stronghold in front of me, and increase the size of the Dojo? :3

Which dojo?
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 02:03:45 PM »

Paul, I have been cleaning up some things, if I can guess what was there originally, but total disasters are beyond me. I haven't tried the spawn site yet, and I agree; the griefers had waaayy too much fun there. Chocolate chip cookies thrown at me would be fine.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 06:14:45 PM »

Paul, I have been cleaning up some things, if I can guess what was there originally, but total disasters are beyond me. I haven't tried the spawn site yet, and I agree; the griefers had waaayy too much fun there. Chocolate chip cookies thrown at me would be fine.

Yeah, I don't even bother around the old spawn anymore.  I fixed and protected what I could already.  Anything else is probably new stuff that new players didn't bother to protect or it's old stuff that was griefed even before I could roll back sections of the world.

The new spawn location is protected for as far as the eye can see... which would prevent griefing... but it also prevents brand new players from understanding what they can/can't do and why they can't click anything.  Which is why I was going to switch over until I had some NPCs to explain and some other interesting things to do there.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: