Mythruna
May 01, 2024, 12:24:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just discovered Graphene today..  (Read 5504 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »

A few videos on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_eTLPKdrHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifL8bAybyc

And the wikipedia, if you trust wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

I can't believe I just now discovered it.

If you want a short description on it:

Graphene was discovered in 2004 by taking graphite, and getting a single layer of it. The atoms are arranged in a honeycomb pattern. This material is apparently the strongest, even stronger than diamond. It's extremely conductive, and extremely flexible. This means more efficiency with current technology, such as having the possibility to create smaller computer chips, improve battery life, and make solar power more efficient. As well, the only material capable of passing through it is water, so it acts as a filter. It is known to be the greatest water filter in the world.

~ This is just the information that I have heard about it, if you would like, it would be cool to hear the opinions of everyone else. I'm still continuing research with it. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 10:56:36 AM »

Just a small conceptual correction: diamond is not strong, it is hard.  If you really had a diamond sword then it would shatter on impact with pretty much anything solid. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »

Just a small conceptual correction: diamond is not strong, it is hard.  If you really had a diamond sword then it would shatter on impact with pretty much anything solid. Smiley
Mohs scale, that's correct. I keep acting as if they were synonyms. Smiley
Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »

I wonder why it isn't more widely publicised.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 05:41:53 PM »

I don't know Paul, my diamond sword does a pretty efficient job chopping up endermen.  Grin

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 10:51:25 PM »

I wonder why it isn't more widely publicised.

It is pretty widely publicized, I think.  I heard of graphene some time ago.  There was even a video somewhere showing how to make it.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 03:00:25 AM »

I don't know Paul, my diamond sword does a pretty efficient job chopping up endermen.  Grin

Heheh... would this be in the same game that lest you carry more stone than a container ship could carry? Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: