Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 12:10:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: [CONTEST] Blueprint Building!  (Read 25236 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2014, 08:58:10 PM »

I don't hear too much talk about building in Mythruna, so to spice things up, we're gonna play a little game! Blueprints are an amazing feature in Mythruna, but it seems most people that venture into this fantastical world have trouble even managing a chair. Your task as a contestant is to build using blueprints! It can be anything, a campsite, a car, a statue, a boat, or even a skyscraper if you're up to the challenge!

There are a few caveats, however.
1. The setting of your blueprint structure can be modified to suit your needs, but CANNOT be the centerpiece of your screenshot.
2. hidden lighting is acceptable.
3. You CANNOT use a single blueprint as your structure, that includes reusing a blueprint on your clipboard. You are allowed to reuse blueprints freely, but a minimum of two ORIGINAL(made by you) blueprints are REQUIRED!
4. You are allowed to place your blueprint objects separately, but it is always nice to see people combine blueprints to make larger structures like the fountain screenshot.

An example of an acceptable(but not a winning) blueprint entry is:

The basics of blueprint making and object interaction:
B: opens up the blueprint interface. Clicking any of the existing blueprints in the menu will allow you to edit them. Clicking new allows you to make a new blueprint. Building a blueprint is just like building in the physical world.
RIGHT CLICKING an object: Opens an interface that allows you to snap an object to a coordinate or rotation, make an object physical, or delete it. only works when using the object tool.
LEFT CLICKING and HOLDING on an object: Allows you to freely move an object and make horizontal rotations freely. Only usable with the object tool.

Contest entries will be accepted until July 16th, and voting will begin on the 17th, lasting until sometime on the 19th. The winner gets a congratulations since there's nothing to give on the forum... But you can win knowing you helped keep the forum a bit more lively. Smiley

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:55:58 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »

I'll be participating sometime soon, don't think that you're the only one. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 10:18:31 PM »

I wasn't actually planning on participating, but now I feel honor bound to do it. Tongue

Time for me to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of gum.

Thought about building a submerged water shrine... forgot that blueprint objects magically teleport to the surface of any bodies of water they come in contact with...

Ahh well, it'll have to go on the surface. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:57:52 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:43:47 AM »

in the community town marketplace there is i think almost 50 different blueprints sitting in the basement.

and in my blueprint museum near my unfinished submarine, and next to my underwater dragon dome, i have somewhere around 150 blueprints i think (never counted them) but they were scavenged from all over the map
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 10:02:10 AM »

This contest is testing your ability to use blueprints to create larger structures. Preferably, you shouldn't need to use salvaged goods, but the museum sounds intriguing. Screenshot it as your entry if you wish.

Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:09:12 AM »

go check out community town or the museum. in the community town we have a blacksmith, tannery, watermill, windmill, docks, etc etc a lot that uses various blueprints. im not really wanting to be a part of a contest just offering a place to let people see what is out there. and as for a screen shot im not sure when i'll be on next to take one
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 12:24:30 PM »

Don't know the location... >.>

Has it weathered the griefers well?

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 01:18:23 PM »

Don't know the location... >.>

Has it weathered the griefers well?
His town is protected, thus, people cannot grief, unless they're granted permission to build in that property. Wink
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »

Ahh, that's good. I've seen far too many decimated buildings on the main server... Tongue

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »

Ahh, that's good. I've seen far too many decimated buildings on the main server... Tongue

I think the town he's talking about is past what will someday be the new spawn point.  And that spawpoint is protected for as far as the eye can see from that spawnpoint.

The current spawn leaves kind of a bad impression and performs poorly as compared to the rest of the world.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »

i'll have to pop on soon and grab the coords, but the community town is most deff protected. and paul its near future and seans castle town thing. i dont think i have seen the new spawn town you've been working on so i dont know where that is
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 06:39:25 PM »

i'll have to pop on soon and grab the coords, but the community town is most deff protected. and paul its near future and seans castle town thing. i dont think i have seen the new spawn town you've been working on so i dont know where that is

Yes, well, FB made his stuff just past the protected spawn area. Smiley

The future spawn location is: 1422, 1181

It has a nice spawn platform and a little path that leads to the village of randomly generated buildings.

The tannery that iggy mentions is at: 2260, 1127  (I built the tannery so I know where it is... it's in the town Iggy was talking about.)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 11:48:32 PM »

Only 1 other person in the contest... >.>

Tamarie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 12:09:57 AM »

in the community town marketplace there is i think almost 50 different blueprints sitting in the basement.

and in my blueprint museum near my unfinished submarine, and next to my underwater dragon dome, i have somewhere around 150 blueprints i think (never counted them) but they were scavenged from all over the map
That museum is amazing.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »

I've got a really good entry so far. Not too much left to get done! ^.^

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: