Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 11:26:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know any games that meet my desires while I wait for mythruna?  (Read 5180 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »

My desires are:

1. Has very interactive AI that the more you hang with the more stuff you can do with it and is able to effectively live it's simulated life without you.
2. Randomly procedually generated world with no set structures except maby a starting town.   
3. Fantasy themed with optionally a bit of tech(kinda like mythuna will be).
4. Has hunger thirst and everything that makes a good survival fantasy RPG.

P.S. Sorry for not commenting in a while I've been waiting for a mythruna update(no rush Paul).

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 11:19:27 PM »

Hmm... You could probably mod Minecraft to reach those ends...

Terraria may also qualify, though the townies are a bit... static...

There's also cube world... But you have to mod it to be able to build and there's an abundance of towns and dungeons. However, it definitely has that RPG feel to it.

Gmod may have something in the ballpark but it won't be a homerun.

To be frank, there's no perfect match (to my knowledge) for your request, but that'll change soon enough as we all know. ; 3
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:21:46 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »

I might suggest TUG. It fits just about everything... but it's current state in Beta leaves the AI left to be desired.

1. There's only one AI as of now: Goats.
2. Yes! For now. There are no towns though, but later on there will be fully interactive villages and entire lore-filled dungeons to explore.
3. The tech is also stone-age stuff at the moment.
4. Hunger: Check. Thirst: Check. Stamina: Check.

5. Development is fast! The latest update added tons of new recipes, goats, and farming!
6. It's cheap, and on Steam. It costs only 10 dollars if you want to check it out.
7. They plan on adding LOTS of AI later on. Not to mention blacksmithing, tracking, hunting, mining, exploring, adventuring (Like dungeon hunting stuff...), farming... just about what you would expect Mythruna to have!
8. Oh yes, it is BETA. Surprisingly the Beta isn't that bad though, it's coming along nicely! The next update is supposed to add the first threat to the game: Predator! After that, I'm not sure. Probably add more tools, more farming, more animals, more monsters, SMP.
9. It's currently 66% SP. Creative mode is the ONLY Gamemode that is currently MP... and Survival Games used to be MP, but it's currently down. Survival Mode will be MP in a few months, probably, as they've promised to get that in after they add in some of the more important things every game needs.

But yeah! It's called TUG, or The Untitled Game. It's neat, cheap, and satisfies my needs while I wait for Mythruna! I would say they are both heavy competitors at the moment, as I see a lot in both of them. TUG even has the whole 'toolbar' and 'inventory' thing I remember somewhere on these forums... but it seems to be a little different. Like, your'll have to sift through your bag to get that crushed sandvich at the bottom.

The biggest differences I see between the games is this: Development Pace. Mythruna is going a lot slower than TUG, but I believe in the long run it's going to have a lot more to offer. TUG is moving at lightning speed, and will have a lot of things... but Mythruna will still have those things TUG wont. Like physics! If I'm right, then what Paul has promised with his physics... I WILL be able to make a WORKING TANK! Yes. One with a cannon, and tread-wheel-stuff, and a turning head! I will come rolling in on the public server some day with my tank, and force King Paul to bow to me! Yes. Mythruna will have MANY more awesomeness than TUG.. it's just, TUG currently has more to do. For now.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 06:45:43 PM »

It's funny how the word beta has slid so far back.  For a while it seemed to mean alpha... now it seems people use it even earlier in the process.  (Alpha was supposed to be feature freeze and beta used to be 'ready to ship'.)

I figure in two more years as soon as you have an idea (before writing any code) you'll be able to call it 'beta'. Wink
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 07:11:56 PM »

I might suggest TUG. It fits just about everything... but it's current state in Beta leaves the AI left to be desired.

1. There's only one AI as of now: Goats.
2. Yes! For now. There are no towns though, but later on there will be fully interactive villages and entire lore-filled dungeons to explore.
3. The tech is also stone-age stuff at the moment.
4. Hunger: Check. Thirst: Check. Stamina: Check.

5. Development is fast! The latest update added tons of new recipes, goats, and farming!
6. It's cheap, and on Steam. It costs only 10 dollars if you want to check it out.
7. They plan on adding LOTS of AI later on. Not to mention blacksmithing, tracking, hunting, mining, exploring, adventuring (Like dungeon hunting stuff...), farming... just about what you would expect Mythruna to have!
8. Oh yes, it is BETA. Surprisingly the Beta isn't that bad though, it's coming along nicely! The next update is supposed to add the first threat to the game: Predator! After that, I'm not sure. Probably add more tools, more farming, more animals, more monsters, SMP.
9. It's currently 66% SP. Creative mode is the ONLY Gamemode that is currently MP... and Survival Games used to be MP, but it's currently down. Survival Mode will be MP in a few months, probably, as they've promised to get that in after they add in some of the more important things every game needs.

But yeah! It's called TUG, or The Untitled Game. It's neat, cheap, and satisfies my needs while I wait for Mythruna! I would say they are both heavy competitors at the moment, as I see a lot in both of them. TUG even has the whole 'toolbar' and 'inventory' thing I remember somewhere on these forums... but it seems to be a little different. Like, your'll have to sift through your bag to get that crushed sandvich at the bottom.

The biggest differences I see between the games is this: Development Pace. Mythruna is going a lot slower than TUG, but I believe in the long run it's going to have a lot more to offer. TUG is moving at lightning speed, and will have a lot of things... but Mythruna will still have those things TUG wont. Like physics! If I'm right, then what Paul has promised with his physics... I WILL be able to make a WORKING TANK! Yes. One with a cannon, and tread-wheel-stuff, and a turning head! I will come rolling in on the public server some day with my tank, and force King Paul to bow to me! Yes. Mythruna will have MANY more awesomeness than TUG.. it's just, TUG currently has more to do. For now.
OK but here's another question will they add AI eventually like I desire? If you don't know that's OK  Smiley.

BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:20:23 PM »

Doesn't meet your requirements but I am having a blast playing saints row 4. I cant believe how fun this game is.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: