Mythruna
April 29, 2024, 02:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you scared of anything?  (Read 4931 times)
Gambit

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2014, 09:08:07 PM »

I dunno I just wanted to ask.

Im pretty scared of bugs if their in my house, funny thing is I'm not really scared of em in the wild unless they could kill or sting me. After about a week I came into my room and found a ton of fruit flies attracted to a wrapper I stupidly left out on my drawer x.x Now it makes me uncomfortable  to sleep tonight lol I'm just waiting for them to die then I will dispose and clean anything with their eggs, I trapped them. (Thing is they leave a hundred eggs per day x.x)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:26:06 PM by Gambit » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »

Knives in the hands of someone else... especially if they like to use them to point at stuff.   I don't hyperventilate or anything but the fear level is relatively irrational.  For example, I experience similar fear standing on the ledge of 4+ story structures... and in that case my body has good physiological reasons to make me feel that way.

While we're sharing, wounds on hands or fingers (especially fingers) make me want to pass out.  They don't have to be my fingers, either.  I know the warning signs now which is a good way to avoid a concussion.  (I lay down and put my feet up.)  My wife used to work catering back in the day so sliced fingers was not always rare.

Funny story: one time she sliced her finger pretty good and needed stitches.  I was in the room with her doing a crossword puzzle trying hard to ignore the whole thing.  She glanced over at my face at one point and asked if I was ok.  Apparently I was not ok because the doc + nurses looked over at me and immediately made me lay down in the next room and gave me a can of grape juice.  The room was swimming just a bit by then.

But other body parts?  Not really a problem.  When I was young, a buddy of mine sliced open the back of his leg (needed 15 stitches) and you could see all of the layers down to the muscle.  I just thought that was fascinating.  But a tiny cut or puncture to a finger... especially if there is a little flap...  ugh... I need to stop thinking about it now.
Gambit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »

I am afraid of those as well, you described them perfectly. I'm always worried that other people will cut themselves because it seems they handle them so carelesly .

I could say I'm also a bit of a hypochondriac because when something isn't right I'm always scared its major, then I search it up online and get myself even more worried.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 05:35:03 AM »

I always have (what I believe to be a rational) fear of dept striking. I'd like to continue living peacefully-ish, and do the work on the computer that I enjoy.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 10:30:55 AM »

I have a fear of being forgotten, and death. Of course, death is a whole group of fears in and of itself.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: