Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 09:37:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Been playing around with something...  (Read 17978 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 03:00:07 PM »

And for the record, adult dragonflies can live up to 5-6 months.  Not as long as a frog, but long enough.

Interestingly enough, they start life similar to a frog in that they hatch in water and spend most of their lives there. (and breathe through their butts)  I wasn't aware of their aquatic beginnings and will have to slightly adjust some of my dialog accordingly.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 03:03:55 PM »

Lol, I can see it now. They grow up as puddle buddies. xD

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »

Lol, I can see it now. They grow up as puddle buddies. xD

Nah, in this case, you are a starving young fresh-from-tadpole frog without a home or a mother and you try to eat this big dragonfly.  She tells you it's probably not a good idea but shows you where the good small food is.

Something like:

That's how the friendship begins.

P.S.: The dragonfly's name is Odonata if that wasn't obvious. Smiley
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »

WHAT!? That's her name!? Such a spoiler, I would have never figured it out! (Sarcasm?)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 05:38:31 PM »

WHAT!? That's her name!? Such a spoiler, I would have never figured it out! (Sarcasm?)

Spoiler: the dragonfly can fly and the frog can jump... and his name is Pip.  At least in this story.  (He wasn't given a name yet by his mom so Odonata calls him "Pip".)
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 10:40:17 PM »

You're funny Paul. This is why you have such an awesome community.

I'd love to somehow see a way for this to make an appearance in Mythruna. How about in a book, or a secret hidden area in one of the main servers? Would be cool.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »

You're funny Paul. This is why you have such an awesome community.

I'd love to somehow see a way for this to make an appearance in Mythruna. How about in a book, or a secret hidden area in one of the main servers? Would be cool.

Well, I can guarantee you that as cool as this frog model is, that it will definitely show up as a creature spawn in Mythruna.  If the dragonfly turns out half as cool it will be there, too.  Either might be quite a bit larger, though. Smiley  Actually, probably all/any creatures I create for this game will show up in Mythruna.  Some maybe with AI already ready to go.  We'll see.

The story may be in a Mythrunian children's book somewhere.  Who knows.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »

So... are you overhauling Mythruna with these new engines and ideas, is that the plan? or just very small parts of them

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »

So... are you overhauling Mythruna with these new engines and ideas, is that the plan? or just very small parts of them

Mythruna will continue to be a block engine.  I've tried to be pretty clear about that.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 06:49:46 PM »

I miss getting time to play around with this. Really wanted to make a mini story about community town but havent had a chance to even finish the town yet. The tunnels under your tannery paul was gonna be a smuggler area filled with stollen artifacts
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »

Mythruna will continue to be a block engine.  I've tried to be pretty clear about that.
You have been. I just wasn't sure if it changed. Hope you get time for Mythruna again!

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 04:35:53 PM »

How is this game doing? :3

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »

How is this game doing? :3

I started working on Mythruna over Thanksgiving break and I'm still (notionally) working on that.  Side projects have (mostly) been mothballed for now.

Prior to my vacation, I'd made sure to work on Mythruna every day even if it was only for 15 minutes.  If I hadn't gotten sick on the way home, I might have picked up where I left off.  As it stands, this is the first day where sitting in front of the computer for more than an hour didn't make me a little queasy... and now I have some day job work to catch up on first.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: