Mythruna
April 16, 2024, 01:56:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Discussion Question #8 (8/31/14)  (Read 3673 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2014, 07:55:51 AM »

Would you rather be seen as a person who did their duty or who forged their own path?

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:58:21 AM »

Personally I want to be seen as a trailblazer. Someone who made a big difference in the world.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 03:30:04 PM »

I'd agree with you, Rayblon. Or in simpler terms, I'd like to do both. I want to make a difference. It may not be big, but I want it to be something worth life. I could give life to a child who makes a big difference, or keep someone from committing suicide that ends up making a big difference. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 03:31:42 PM »

I want to end natural death. That is my goal in life... until I complete that goal... but I have other ideas too.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 11:04:10 PM »

Ending natural death would have some interesting implications.  The idea is the double-edged cornerstone of so many dystopian sci-fi futures.

For one take on potential solutions/implications, watch the movie "Logan's Run" if you haven't already.

Funny: I first typed 'distopian' instead of the proper spelling and Firefox rightfully told me it was incorrect.  It's only suggestion for correction was "pianist".  Not sure what that was about.  Of course, it thinks dystopian is wrong, too.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 12:10:56 PM »

Google chrome knows better. Tongue

Since half of our problems are genetic... Yes, it means we can't allow people to have children, constantly finding ways to innovate is important too... It's a very fragile balance to be achieved.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: