Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 11:52:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer issues, part 2  (Read 4673 times)
Stickman Sham

"I did it! I took the boots!"

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »

I'm currently attempting to install windows vista business on my new computer build, except every time I try, the installation gets stuck on "completing installation" after the computer restarts during the installation. I have a windows vista business disk (I would've made a boot drive for Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit but I couldn't get it to work) and I'm installing it through an external CD drive. I do not have an unused registration code. These are my specs:

http://imgur.com/qGsuFTO
http://imgur.com/D7dAZLL

Any help?

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 04:21:49 AM »

There's probably something in the BIOS that needs to be done first, but honestly, I'm not very experienced with doing this first hand, but I've been given different details throughout my computer days.

My first question is, when you first got the HDD, did you make a partition through your BIOS? I'm not sure if I'm saying that right, but I've been told when you first get a computer, the HDD you start will needs something done to it through BIOS. Basically, it needs to have the ability for the files to be copied to it.. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:08:57 AM »

I think I know what you're getting at... To create a boot drive with a flash drive, a single partition must be created after completely clearing it, then formatting it to fat32. I tried doing that with my flash drives big enough to hold windows 7 ultimate 64 bit but nothing worked. But I will definetly look into doing that to the hard drive.

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 02:28:22 PM »

Try copying the Windows 7 install disk to a flash drive with a program called wintoflash.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »

I'll definetly look into that, the install disk is for Windows Vista but I'll definetly soon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: