Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 08:14:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Trivia Question #3 (10/25/14)  (Read 3992 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2014, 11:23:37 AM »

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've made a post on the forums, and I'm filling in for Rayblon, because he posted on his trivia question two:

Can't do one tonight, my eyes are killing me and it's making me feel sick. :L

Feel free to fill in for me

Is it possible for a human to be born with a tail? Yes or No.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've made a post on the forums, and I'm filling in for Rayblon, because he posted on his trivia question two:

Yes.  In fact, I'm almost ashamed to know this, but singer Ke$ha was born with a tail and had it amputated after birth.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »

One day we shall all have tails; not only in rarity, but in entirety.

Also, thanks for picking up the slack for me today. Smiley

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »

One day we shall all have tails; not only in rarity, but in entirety.

Also, thanks for picking up the slack for me today. Smiley
Your quite welcome! The questions you've asked have kept the forums busy, and you asked for someone to do it, so I went ahead and did it. The hardest part is coming up with the question.

Yes.  In fact, I'm almost ashamed to know this, but singer Ke$ha was born with a tail and had it amputated after birth.

Heh, well, I heard on the internet about cases of this, and there's an male Indian child who was born with a tail, and because of it, they treat him like a God. I'm not certain if this is true, because I heard of it on the internet, but it's still interesting.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 07:12:29 PM »

Your quite welcome! The questions you've asked have kept the forums busy, and you asked for someone to do it, so I went ahead and did it. The hardest part is coming up with the question.

Heh heh, yeah. Coming up with something people actually want to talk about is hard. Most nights I spend 20 minutes mulling over what to ask if the day didn't yield any inspiration.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 04:40:48 AM »

Heh heh, yeah. Coming up with something people actually want to talk about is hard. Most nights I spend 20 minutes mulling over what to ask if the day didn't yield any inspiration.

The side benefit is that this kind of creative thinking under a deadline gives the brain a decent workout in a way it doesn't normally get worked out.  It's building pathways similar to the comic artist who must come  up with a new gag every day.

It's similar but different to the exercise where one tries to see how many things they can think of to do with an every day object.  This is a fun skill that leads to better lateral thinking and problem solving as you are both forcing your brain to look at things more broadly while also creating a whole library of interesting lateral linkages.   I like to practice this sort of thing in restaurants while waiting for food.  In the early days of my young-adult life this led to creating origami zoos from empty sugar packets and culminated in an attempt to cook rock candy at the table with a candle. (hint: this is probably impossible given the BTUs of a candle and the necessity of maintaining a proper candy temp... I certainly never got it to work... given the time involved, you can't even really boil water in a spoon over a table candle.)

These days it manifests in ways to entertain my kids.  So far the best one was probably the dancing puppets made from straw wrappers and the paper rings from our silverware.  It helps that I nearly always have some pens and I always have my pocket knife with small scissors.

Anyway, once a day, take an every day item (broom, pencil, fork, whatever) and try to think of as many uses as possible, through odd usage or slight modification or whatever.  (Fork slingshot anyone?)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: