Mythruna
March 19, 2024, 03:34:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to open JSON files.  (Read 10917 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2015, 09:02:40 PM »

I edited the world file to change the seed with note pad but it didn't change the seed and the game crashed to boot. How do you PROPERLY open a JSON file?

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:14:08 PM »

Get notepad ++, pretty sure it can 'correctly' open anything.

Built in notepad sux btw.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 10:19:19 PM »

I edited the world file to change the seed with note pad but it didn't change the seed and the game crashed to boot. How do you PROPERLY open a JSON file?

Sorry you are having trouble.

First note: changing the seed will only work properly on a fresh world.  Otherwise you will have mixed seeds and strange results.

Other than that, any text editor should be able to edit the JSON.  If your game crashes then there should have been an error file.  Basically, the file you edited and the error file are the minimum information I would need to help with this problem.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 10:34:56 PM »

Sorry you are having trouble.

First note: changing the seed will only work properly on a fresh world.  Otherwise you will have mixed seeds and strange results.

Other than that, any text editor should be able to edit the JSON.  If your game crashes then there should have been an error file.  Basically, the file you edited and the error file are the minimum information I would need to help with this problem.

The stranger the better. Tongue

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »

OK

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 11:54:06 PM »

OK

That says your nvidia driver crashed.  Changing the seed should have no effect on that.

I can't see your json file from here but I assume it must have been formatted ok or you'd have gotten a different error.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 08:21:23 AM »

OK, where's the thread that tells me how to fix my driver crashing?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 10:12:33 AM »

OK, where's the thread that tells me how to fix my driver crashing?

Driver crashes indicate a driver bug.  Normal application code should not be able to crash a driver, therefore by definition a crashing driver is a driver bug.

Try upgrading your drivers, I guess.

What did you change the seed to?  Does changing it back cause the crash not to happen anymore?  Did you backup the world info file before you changed it?
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 03:37:45 PM »

I changed the seed back and single player crashes almost immediately after spawning me in the world. Strangely enough though multiplayer doesn't crash immediately.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 05:38:40 PM »

Speaking of crashing in multiplayer... Is it normal for me to crash when I destroy blocks really quickly? xD

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 07:00:58 PM »

Speaking of crashing in multiplayer... Is it normal for me to crash when I destroy blocks really quickly? xD

Depends on what you mean be "really quickly".  If you are running a button spammer then you can do lots of bad things in the current implementation.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 08:11:51 PM »

What kind of NVIDIA driver do I need to play mythruna correctly?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 10:38:22 PM »

What kind of NVIDIA driver do I need to play mythruna correctly?

The one that works?

If you were able to run the game before then backup your current game and try creating a fresh install and running it.  Perhaps you changed the seed after you'd already run the game and things got weird.  Since none of my questions were actually answered, I cannot really say more.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »

Redownloaded Mythruna single player works now. Smiley

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 04:36:08 PM »

I forgot I TRIED to install the battle mod on my original mythruna download. That might have something to do with why it crashed. I know I'm an idiot.  Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: