Mythruna
March 18, 2024, 07:00:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some general questions.  (Read 10963 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »

On the leaf line in the debug menu, what is the V: thing correlated with?

On the clip line in the debug menu, there is always a thing like this: "0/15@0" on the right side. What does it mean?

What color is the border of a property you have a badge for, but do not own?

What does the ~exit command do?

What are the ~branch and ~revs commands for? How do they work?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »

1) On the leaf line in the debug menu, what is the V: thing correlated with?

2) On the clip line in the debug menu, there is always a thing like this: "0/15@0" on the right side. What does it mean?

3) What color is the border of a property you have a badge for, but do not own?

4) What does the ~exit command do?

5) What are the ~branch and ~revs commands for? How do they work?

I added numbers above so they would be easier to respond to with cut/pasting a bunch of quote blocks...

1) V: is version, I think.  It's roughly supposed to correlate to how many changes that a leaf has seen (how many block removes or adds) but in client-server mode it rapidly gets incorrect for running clients because this information is not shared and only calculated locally on the clients.  The server keeps an accurate tally.  In single player, it should be accurate.

2) It's a debug value for me... it's local light / sun light @ block type at the head of the player.

3) I'm not sure.  It might still be cyan.  Red always means you can't edit.  There is a green color but I think that's only for sub-plots of towns... which will either be green if you can edit them or red if you can't.  I don't think I make a color distinction between owning and not owning... but it would be easy for someone to check, I guess.

4) I think nothing.  I assume you saw it by running an ~help... which lists all of the commands available to you on the server console.  Any command prefixed with a ~ is one that is forwarded to the server and run in that environment.  I'm pretty sure that ~exit is ignored (otherwise really bad things would have happened a lot by now) but the ~help is not smart enough to remove it.  To be sure, how did you see this command?

5) These are server admin tools.  It might be interesting to know how you saw it.  On a client-server world, the world is versioned at a coarse grain level.  A new branch is automatically created at midnight but you can also manually force a branch by calling ~branch.  For a given leaf in the world, you can then revert back to a previous branch point.  ~revs shows you the revision index for the leaf you are standing in and ~revert will let you revert it to one of those versions.  The basic descriptions for these should be in the ~help output.  I need to remember to add more detailed help for these commands someday so that ~help revs, etc. would show you more detail.  A lot of other commands already have that.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »

~help shows the ~exit command when I tested it on your server.

I booted up my own Mythruna server to identify the ~branch and ~revs commands(for the handbook, of course)... Just making sure, the ~branch command essentially forces the creation of a restore point, which is made automatically every midnight. Is that correct?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:55:24 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »

I booted up my own Mythruna server to identify the ~branch and ~revs commands(for the handbook, of course)... Just making sure, the ~branch command essentially forces the creation of a restore point, which is made automatically every midnight. Is that correct?

Yes.  And if you never run it then you will still have a branch every midnight... and note: that doesn't automatically mean you'll have a leaf rev every midnight.  Change + branch causes a new rev.  In other words, without a specific branching, changes are accumulated per day but only if there are changes does it actually create a revision in the revs list.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:33:09 PM »

Yes.  And if you never run it then you will still have a branch every midnight... and note: that doesn't automatically mean you'll have a leaf rev every midnight.  Change + branch causes a new rev.  In other words, without a specific branching, changes are accumulated per day but only if there are changes does it actually create a revision in the revs list.

Oh how I wish there was a way to upvote a post.

Thanks for the info. As you've likely deduced, I needed it for the handbook.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:39:46 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: