Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 08:29:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiki Planning  (Read 68619 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 11:44:00 PM »

True... and... I DO need to write up a page on the wiki about standalone servers anyway.

A couple of birds suddenly get very nervous and check to see if their insurance covers "stoning".
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2015, 11:49:26 PM »

A couple of birds suddenly get very nervous and check to see if their insurance covers "stoning".

*Gasp* I would never! :O

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2015, 03:47:41 PM »

Another question... What does each built in server script do? To clarify, I mean the scripts in the scripts folder.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:06:06 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2015, 09:12:17 PM »

Another question... What does each built in server script do? To clarify, I mean the scripts in the scripts folder.

Because I'm lazy, can you list them here and then I will try to remembguess?
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2015, 09:54:00 PM »

Because I'm lazy, can you list them here and then I will try to remembguess?

Yeah. I wrote them down somewhere, with guesses as to what each one does...
"
By default, there are four mods that are pre-installed in this folder.

First, there is admin-commands.init.groovy. That script is important for administrators of a server, as it provides a suite of tools to handle griefs, allows for teleportation, and more for users with the admin grant

The second built-in script is dirty-words.init.groovy. This is a script that replaces 'bad words' with alternate, less offensive terms.

ip-ban.init.groovy is yet another important plugin for administrators. This plugin allows an administrator or moderator to ban an IP address from even pinging the server.

The final plugin, player-commands.init.groovy is a plugin that gives users the ability to leverage basic commands like ~escape.
"

Also, I wrote up a commands page on the wiki. If there are any undocumented commands, it would be wonderful if you'd add them on your own because I'm lazy too. :>

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »

Your descriptions seem pretty good.  I don't know if you actually looked in the files.  It should be pretty easy for a layman to at least see what commands are defined there even that layman can't determine what they do exactly.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2015, 10:05:39 PM »

Note: I'd do a deeper dive but I'm kind of in the middle of my own documentation project at the moment. Smiley

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2015, 10:21:36 PM »

Your descriptions seem pretty good.  I don't know if you actually looked in the files.  It should be pretty easy for a layman to at least see what commands are defined there even that layman can't determine what they do exactly.

A pretty good is good enough. :3

I'll definitely peek inside to flesh out wiki pages on them at some point, so thanks for pointing out that they're easy to read. xD

Now, I moved a bunch of keybinds over into a neat table in the wiki here, but I noticed that F6 never had a function recorded for it. Is that just a randomly unassigned key or...?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:38:51 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »

Your descriptions seem pretty good.  I don't know if you actually looked in the files.  It should be pretty easy for a layman to at least see what commands are defined there even that layman can't determine what they do exactly.

Now, I moved a bunch of keybinds over into a neat table in the wiki here, but I noticed that F6 never had a function recorded for it. Is that just a randomly unassigned key or...?

I don't think it's used.  In the old engine, I had it setup for toggling the physics debug mode.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2015, 10:39:55 PM »

I don't think it's used.  In the old engine, I had it setup for toggling the physics debug mode.

Ahh, gotcha. Thank you!

... I'll stop asking questions for the night now.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2015, 12:11:06 AM »

I think I'm done working on the wiki for tonight. I got several dozen pages/sections/subsections done, or so it feels like... so I'm satisfied.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:12:53 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2015, 08:58:47 PM »

There are nine feature pages left in the plan, and 11 planned feature pages for me to write from here. Cheesy

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »

1. Paul, can you give me some supplementary information on the lighting system and post-processing effects?

2. Also, do you have the sprites for the map on hand or know how I can get them out of the client?

3. And is "spawntown" in the server a town or city property?

4. And is there an unbadge/remove badge property tool? It's not exactly easy to test, for reasons that I think are obvious.

5. Also, how does the unbadge tool work if it does exist? Do you have a tool to unbadge each person or do you have to click the person to unbadge them?

6. And finally, how does the "Give plot" tool work?

7. ... One last thing... If I'm correct, there are five property related tools: Place, create plot, badge, unbadge, and give plot. Is that correct? I couldn't ascertain whether there are others since everyone else is dead.

8. Oh, and I know I said that was the last question, but uhm... Is it possible  to leave a town/discard a town plot from your inventory?

9. Now... I was just wondering, can you use the "give plot" tool to assign multiple plots to a user?

10. So, I haven't asked many questions in a while, so I figured I'd just throw this out there... Can town/city owners delete the plots that their citizens own? In addition, can a city owner/badged user build in other peoples' plots within a town?

11. Is the city border taller than the town border?

12. Is the green "coming soon" placeholder going to be a map of the area around the property or something?

13. There is a "lock" column in community properties like towns and cities in the property menu... what is that supposed to represent?

14. Is the "Last income" going to be gross income/net income of the residents, or some form of tax income for the city/town?

I numbered the questions for your convenience. I know there aren't too many questions and I probably didn't have to number them, but I digress. I need the information to refine some stuff on this page of the wiki.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:22:18 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2015, 06:38:41 AM »

Properties are otherwise finished, aside from the post-interview revisions.

As you can tell, I'm quite the shutter bug. ;3
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:45:45 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2015, 11:58:45 AM »

1. Paul, can you give me some supplementary information on the lighting system and post-processing effects?

2. Also, do you have the sprites for the map on hand or know how I can get them out of the client?

3. And is "spawntown" in the server a town or city property?

4. And is there an unbadge/remove badge property tool? It's not exactly easy to test, for reasons that I think are obvious.

5. Also, how does the unbadge tool work if it does exist? Do you have a tool to unbadge each person or do you have to click the person to unbadge them?

6. And finally, how does the "Give plot" tool work?

7. ... One last thing... If I'm correct, there are five property related tools: Place, create plot, badge, unbadge, and give plot. Is that correct? I couldn't ascertain whether there are others since everyone else is dead.

8. Oh, and I know I said that was the last question, but uhm... Is it possible  to leave a town/discard a town plot from your inventory?

9. Now... I was just wondering, can you use the "give plot" tool to assign multiple plots to a user?

10. So, I haven't asked many questions in a while, so I figured I'd just throw this out there... Can town/city owners delete the plots that their citizens own? In addition, can a city owner/badged user build in other peoples' plots within a town?

11. Is the city border taller than the town border?

12. Is the green "coming soon" placeholder going to be a map of the area around the property or something?

13. There is a "lock" column in community properties like towns and cities in the property menu... what is that supposed to represent?

14. Is the "Last income" going to be gross income/net income of the residents, or some form of tax income for the city/town?

I numbered the questions for your convenience. I know there aren't too many questions and I probably didn't have to number them, but I digress. I need the information to refine some stuff on this page of the wiki.

(1) Not sure what you want here.

(2) They are probably in the lib/assets.jar

(3) Probably a city.

(4) You should be able to remove badges from the property UI... right click on the entries there.  I think that's how you remove plots also.

(5) N/A  You can unbadge without the person being online.

(6) Similar to the give badge tool.  You create a plot and you give it to someone.

(7) I'm pretty sure there is no 'unbadge' tool.  Those are the only player plot related tools that I know about.

(8.) No, not that I know of.

(9) Yes.

(10) Yes, I think so.  Yes, a town/city owner can always build anywhere in the city.

(11) No.

(12) Yes.

(13) I think it was meant to keep the owner from being able to pick up and/or move/resize it.  Like the admin could create the town and then be sure the player won't pick it up and put it wherever they want. (avoids submarine griefing.)

(14) It was imagined to be your net income from the town.  It's a placeholder to fuel the imagination that there will someday be more to managing a town than just putting a big box down on the world.

That was a lot of questions. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: